Need birthday 'cake' ideas!!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Okay so I'll be making:

100 calorie cupcakes - Thanks, Biggest Loser!!!!

That is seriously the most adorable little 'cake' that I have ever seen!!!! So thank you, Awdamm.

Thanks so much for all the input, everyone! I'm definitely going to have a delicious and guilt free birthday this year. :)

Your very welcome. I found it on Pintrest! and plan on making it for some summer parties!!!!
  • ahersh00
    ahersh00 Posts: 85
    Options
    This isn't what you asked for...but... why not just eat the exact cake you want for your birthday? Every holiday is a cheat day for me! As long as you aren't eating cake daily you are going to be just fine!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]13125536.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    bump
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    This isn't what you asked for...but... why not just eat the exact cake you want for your birthday? Every holiday is a cheat day for me! As long as you aren't eating cake daily you are going to be just fine!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]13125536.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Cause I wasn't sure what the exact cake I wanted was till that fruit cake was posted lol.

It's hard to explain but my tastes have just changed... and the taste of victory is sweeter than cake. So, the feeling I get from remaining healthier and not taking a day off, it's more important than eating something that I used to like... that doesn't really hit the spot anymore. Plus, I usually feet all dragged down after I eat something really heavy or rich. I'd rather feel energized on my birthday. :)
  • JEWEL776
    JEWEL776 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My kids and I made a Black Forest cake this weekend....about 300 calories for a very decent slice! Just look up Black Forest cupcakes....thats were we got the recipe, but we cooked it in a bundt pan. Came out great and the kids loved it!! They give you the regular recipe we just substituted and used lower fat options.
  • karencallie
    Options
    The pumpkin idea is great. I like the pumpkin taste so I add a little more. Thanks for the great ideas. I am just getting started and I am excited.
  • tskinner7
    tskinner7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I agree!! They say not to eat/drink artificial sweetners when you're pregnant so why do it at all? I have a great recipe for jell-o cake. This is a good diabetic cake too. Make a white cake per instructions on box. Once cooled take a fork & poke a ton of holes in it. Make 2 boxes of your favorite jell-o (sugar free) and slowly pour them into the holes. Most of it will go on the sides & underneath. Refridgerate for 4hrs. For the topping take sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix & whisk with 1 cup of milk for 2 min (i'm sure you can add your protein shake to this too but have never tried it). Once that is done add 1 small container of light cool whip and mix together. Top your cake once your cake has refridgerated for 4 hrs. This cake is to die for!!! Enjoy!:love:
  • kantone999
    kantone999 Posts: 174
    Options
    For those of you who think eating fat makes you gain weight, watch Fat Head so we can end this discussion.

If you're going to quote me, quote me. Don't misquote me. Fat doesn't make you fat and I never said it did. Excess calorie intake makes you fat because you store those calories as what? Fat. And yes, the research clearly shows that if you eat the same number of excess fat calories and carb calories, more fat will be stored because the body is hard-wired for efficiency. It will store more of the fat calories because there's less "work" to convert them to body fat.