sandwiches-WRAPPINGS?

Options
jerber160
jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
I'm trying to cut back.... putting things inside 2 slices of skinny bread works. taco shells at 60cals apiece work... egg roll wrappers at 60 cals apiece work. IS THERE ANYTHING LOWER? I've even been filling cabbage leaves... but just like carbs better. suggestions????

Replies

• krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    'I use romaine hearts. Also LaTortilla Factory makes 50calorie tortillas, and Josephs small flax, oat bran and whole wheat pitas are only 45 calories & 8g carbs!
  • Princessbrene
    Princessbrene Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have corn tortillas that are only 40 calories a piece.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    oat cakes
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm using multigrain sandwich thins for 90cal per sandwich and whole wheat pita bread for 80 cal each.
  • StacieM72
    StacieM72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i use whole wheat wraps or spinach wraps also pitas. cant get into the idea of salad wraps. would like to try.
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee has 45cal a slice bread. And there are some low calorie high fiber tortilla's that I occasionally use as sandwiches.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Natures own makes 35 cal slices of bread, so you get both for 70
  • MrsGoHard
    MrsGoHard Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    bump cause I'd love to know.. I have spinach wraps 300+ calories a wrap... smh
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I have started using some pitas that are 60 cal each. They work great for sanwiches and I have made some lo-cal personal pizzas on them and did a chicken bacon ranch toasted sandwich that was yummy. The ones I use are Joeseph oat and stone ground wheat. Also have 5 grams of fiber
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    rice cakes? The ones I use only have 29cals each and 6.1carb
  • jerber160
    Options
    Sara Lee has 45cal a slice bread. And there are some low calorie high fiber tortilla's that I occasionally use as sandwiches.
    i have had some pepperidge farm whole wheat bread for about a month and a half. it is indestructible.
  • jerber160
    Options
    well the half an eggroll wrapper stuffed with my leftover bbq chicken was yummy for 98 cals..... but could be 73 if I'd used a cabbage leaf. now I'm looking for other things to stuff in the egg roll wrappers... thinking of black bean beef cheese something.... or broccoli/ricotta/somethingelse????? how about fruit fillings??? help..
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    I dont know if it is something you would be interested in but when I want to watch my sandwich pieces I usually just use half a serving of something. For example, with your skinny bread, instead of using 2 slices, use 1 :ohwell:
    but like I said I understand not eveyone would go for that, but maybe :smile: