Norcal vs Socal?

Options

Replies

• jenniferrose
    jenniferrose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in NorCal and now live on the Central Coast.

Central Coast, hands down, is one of the most beautiful places EVER. And such a great place to raise a family.

I will say though... I will always love my hometown and the street smarts and tolerance I learned growing up there = priceless.

So if I had to choose... CENCoastCAL!!!!!!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    @ Lucky Leprechan...it was 76 degrees up here in early March. :happy:

Poor use of an intended fact given an Globally abnormal winter. Eat that with your latte
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Grew up in So Cal then went to college in Nor Cal (SFSU) then moved home.

I miss Nor Cal terribly and would move back in a heart beat. But my family is all So Cal so here I stay (for now!)
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    MidCal for the win...1 hour to mountains and snow..1.5 hrs to the beach..we intercept water everywhere, we have no famewhores but have an awesome low key art and music showcase..and Alan Autry lives in Fresno area..that makes MidCal bomb.

Oh, and I grew up in NorCal, SF and Fairfield area..
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Lol! Former Nor-Cal escapee (1972) and not returning to live anywhere in California. Good for a visit but not for me to live there again. For those who love it, enjoy :)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I like both for different reasons.

I like SoCal for the weather. You just can't beat it. And, being a beach bum, it's the perfect environment for me.

However, I like NorCal for everything else. I think the people are nicer for sure. I have always had trouble making friends in SoCal. I don't know why. But, in NorCal, I have no problems making friends at all. In fact, it's almost too much to deal with. I really can't figure it out. But, I love Sacramento for that reason. i feel like I belong there. But, I've made my bed in SoCal, so here I sit. If I could pick up a go, I'd be up North. I can enjoy the mountains as much as the beach. And, I miss SF.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    <--- this photo was taken in early March. Try that in Nor Cal and you'll die of hypothermia.

not true at all really.... it's been a beautiful March in NorCal..... and there are plenty of NorCal beach spots where one could wear shorts and be fine in March.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Born and raise SoCal girl.. Go to school in boring Central Cal... But completely love it in NorCal.

So both SoCal and NorCal :)
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    BTW, I'm all for cutting the state in half. It's just too damn big with too many people.
    Not starting a debate just stating my opinion.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I'm biased, I lived in NorCal most of my life and I love it, except for SF...=(
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite. I used to live in the East Bay, and now I live in So Cal. So Cal is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better. I do NOT miss freezing my *kitten* off all the time and battling traffic and paying bridge tolls.

Reasons why So Cal wins:
    1. weather
    2. population density
    3. cost of living

So Cal FTW all the way.

uh huh...
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    Options
    Grew up in the city so NorCal all the way! Plus I like the cold. If it gets too cold, just put on a coat. Out in SoCal it can get really hot and you can only take off so much clothes and still be hot... Lol
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options

Poor use of an intended fact given an Globally abnormal winter. Eat that with your latte

WTF?! :angry:

Go away!
  • spskinny
    spskinny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Northern.... Wine country Napa, St Helena ect.

That should seattle it but I can add the largest redwoods on the earth, Tahoe, HWY 1's pristine coast, Bidwell Park (aka the original Sherwood Forest:) breathable air, beautiful things called grass and trees....ect

Down sides I actually heard this conversation in person , " Hot water on a pig, don't you do it! I nearly done beat to death when I threw hot water on a pig!!! My daddy done taught me good that day, I ain't never done that since!! ." This from a 60 + year old gentlemen in a true Mini- Mart wearing full sized over-allls. Stay close to the freeways :)

Born in SoCal, raised in NorCal.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Its all about NorCal for me. BUT, in general, California is the best hands down. SoCal and NorCal.
    I lived back East for two months and no way...going back to Cali baby!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options

WTF?! :angry:

Go away!

Don't hate that I based your argument on a real fact.

The State of California is the 8th Largest economic standard in the world....8th! In 2011, the population of CA was estimated 37.3MM (and that's the Census number not the REAL). This equates to over 11% of the US Population squeezed into ONE State. Texas is the second largest in the Union by population...yet pales in comparison at 25.1MM, yet is roughly 205K Square miles Larger than CA. In SoCal and most of NorCal, you will find it difficult to drive 30 miles in 30 minutes in traffic.
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in NorCal and I think that NorCal is better :) SoCal is too much desert and too hot in my opinion. Norcal is great because we're just a hop skip and a jump away from snow in the sierras and fun in the sun at the beach :)

Been living in So Cal all my life, average temp is 75, I'm 20 min from the beach and 45 min from mountains and skiing. Not to mention right in between Disneyland and the world famous San Diego Zoos, Animal Park, beaches.... Just sayin.
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    I don't know what nor Cal is like but my life dream is to move to Santa Barbara. Sooo so Cal for me :glasses:
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    SoCal- Why you ask? Just take a looksie outside today, It's gorgeous! Also a hop skip and a jump away from mountains, desert and beach!!:wink:
  • HikeRunLift
    Options
    SoCal needs Norcal for their water. So therfor.. Norcal wins