You're stranded on a deserted island...

Options
... it's almost bedtime, and you're a little hungry. You whip out MFP on your mobile device (yes, I know.. stranded with a mobile device.. don't ask) and realize you still have 150 calories left for the day! Woohoo!! Thank goodness you did all that walking after you ate that big pig.

Miraculously, a life raft comes floating up from an unknown place and has the following items in it:

a) A banana
b) Activia light yogurt
c) Almonds
d) 1% milk
e) peanut butter
f) Oreos

What would you choose, as the best nutritional choice, for your "right before bed" snack? :)

Replies

• DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    PB!! I could live off peanut butter...
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Without a doubt: A banana with a touch of peanut butter!! : - )
  • mjshorty5
    mjshorty5 Posts: 44
    Options
    almonds
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i try not to eat right before bed.

however, i'd consume the perishables first, as the deserted island is unlikely to have a refrigerator.
  • gurl0411
    gurl0411 Posts: 75
    Options
    I like almonds but you can't have very many with 150 calories left over... I might end up eating the banana. The oreos aren't worth it, I don't know the nutritional info but I have a feeling I won't get very many... I want the most bang for my... calories... :P
    yeah
    banana lol
  • mkmacf
    mkmacf Posts: 101
    Options
    I would have a banana (~100 cal) and maybe a 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter on it. Wash it down with some water (preferrably not salt water, haha).
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    All of the above...in case I can't find a pig the next day. Or in case it's days before I see another raft of food lol

I would slice the banana into the yogurt and sprinkle almonds on top. Crush the Oreo on top of that. Drink the milk and add peanut butter into my home made sundae :-)
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    peanut butter
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Banana.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    No questions about it, I'd go with the almonds. :glasses:
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Um, where's the chocolate?
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter! Delicious AND filling! Unless, of course, the device also shows I was WAY under potassium all day. Then I'd have the almonds. (I know you all thought I was going to say banana, BUT with the almonds, I'd get the satisfaction of nuts AND some potassium!)
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i try not to eat right before bed.

however, i'd consume the perishables first, as the deserted island is unlikely to have a refrigerator.

Both of these came to me as well!
  • gurl0411
    gurl0411 Posts: 75
    Options
    Um, where's the chocolate?

LOL!
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I would have a banana (~100 cal) and maybe a 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter on it. Wash it down with some water (preferrably not salt water, haha).

haha the good thing about the banana is even if it is salt water, you won't get too bloated since the potassium in the banana will flush you out! :)
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    The PB.
  • msliu7911
    Options
    Peanut butter! Delicious AND filling! Unless, of course, the device also shows I was WAY under potassium all day. Then I'd have the almonds. (I know you all thought I was going to say banana, BUT with the almonds, I'd get the satisfaction of nuts AND some potassium!)

I never knew almonds contained potassium!!! yay!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Um.....could George Clooney be rowing the raft? Then I'd take him...and some peanut butter! lol
  • msliu7911
    Options
    Without a doubt: A banana with a touch of peanut butter!! : - )

This sounds good. I've heard of tons of people making banana and PB sandwiches in my lifetime- but I've personally never tried the two together.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    All of the above...in case I can't find a pig the next day. Or in case it's days before I see another raft of food lol

I would slice the banana into the yogurt and sprinkle almonds on top. Crush the Oreo on top of that. Drink the milk and add peanut butter into my home made sundae :-)

^^this!!