Breakfast ideas...

Options
I need healthy breakfast ideas. Something that I can bring with me and eat at work. I leave too early in the morning to eat before I leave for work, so I generally like to eat breakfast at work, but I'm having a hard time with healthy options that hold me over until lunch. Any ideas??

Replies

• kellsbells7
    kellsbells7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a microwave?
  • Tvandevoir27
    Options
    Do you have access to a microwave?

Yes, I do
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    boiled eggs
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person, so I need to "pack" my breakfast before I go to bed.

Oatmeal with PB2 (or peanut butter). Use a ceramic containier with a lid. Pour boiling water over rolled, or instant steel cut oats. Snap the lid on. By morning this is mostly pre-cooked. Heat 2:30, stir in PB2 or protein powder.

Measure 3/4 C Kashi Go Lean & 1 Tbl almonds. In the AM add 6 oz. Dannon Light & Fit & 1/4 C. rapsberries. This has 16.8 gm protein & 10.5 gm fiber for 247 calories.

Greek Yogurt & dry cereal ..... I pick a cereal with good fiber numbers, and eat it during the commute. I save the yogurt to eat at my desk.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    If Im running late and have to skip breakfast, I tend to eat breakfast at my desk. Usually its greek yogurt and Kashi cereal or I will have a apple with peanut butter and some triscuits. Its not as good as breakfast at home but works in a pinch.

I have been known to eat Lentil Soup for breakfast in the office too. :)
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    You could prepare a breakfast casserole, portion it out and freeze it. Then just take one out in the morning a nuke it.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i make a oatmeal bake on sunday and divide it into 6 portions, then i have breakfast for the next 6 days :)
  • Roxie861
    Roxie861 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I take 2 boiled eggs to work and granola...that sorts me until the elvenses when i have a banana
  • katilynnegray
    katilynnegray Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You can scramble an egg in the microwave. Just nuke it for about 25 seconds in a coffee mug. Make sure to cover the mug with a paper plate as the egg will explode in the mug and you don't want to have to clean up that mess. Add a piece of toast or rice cake for a quick breakfast.
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal
    Boiled eggs
    Greek yogurt
    Bagel thins with Laughing Cow cheese

Nuke a few eggs along with some veggies, cheese, whatever you want in the microwave in a mug and make yourself an Egg McMuffin with an english muffin. It only takes a minute or so for the egg to cook in the microwave and voila, instant breakfast.
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I keep a variety pack of Quakers Weight Control oatmeal in my desk drawer. Every Monday I bring some skim milk in, I like to pour milk over my oatmeal. I also keep some paper bowls and spoons in my drawer too, easy clean up :) Then I bring a snack and lunch.
  • ths103
    ths103 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm totally guilty of eating in the car... but here is my awesome breakfast that I've gotten hooked on: bran cereal, frozen (defrosted overnight in the fridge) blueberries, and almond milk. It's super low in calories, but keeps me going until lunch. Bran cereal can be super boring, but the blueberries add the natural sugar that makes it oh-so-yummy!
  • bergsangel
    bergsangel Posts: 131
    Options
    I do a protein bar every morning in the car or at my desk for the same reason.
  • jennapony
    jennapony Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Just two sort of vague suggestions,
    1) Breakfast doesn't have to hold you to lunch necessarily. I don't know if you are against snacking but sometimes eating smaller meals more frequently can be more satisying than eating three larger meals less frequently

2) Breakfast food doesn't have to be eggs, oatmeal, etc. I heat up my leftovers from dinner and eat those for breakfast all the time
  • SmugCanucksGal
    SmugCanucksGal Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    - Grab some milk and do cereal at work. - Usually GO Lean Kashi - Lots of protein to keep me full.

-Oatmeal is a great, add some raisins and nuts to it, keeps you going until Lunch easily!

- An apple or banana or other serving of fruit along with some yogurt.

-
  • Nicole921
    Nicole921 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I microwave eggs whites and frozen turkey sausage. It's very tasty And filling!
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *bumping for ideas*

: ))
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I make a home version of an Egg McMuffin at home and then bring it to work and nuke it for a couple of seconds to warm it up. I use 35 calorie bread, Oscar Mayer ham lunch meat (4 slices is 50 calories and I usually only use 1) and a piece of american cheese. About 285 calories and keeps me full until lunch.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I have a Chobani greek yogurt with 2-3 tablespoons of sliced almonds pretty much every day.
    I just get a big bag of almonds from Costco and keep it in my desk, then bring the yogurt in daily.

Then at 9 or 10, I have about 4 oz of lunch meat as a "snack". If I need it, I throw an apple in there before lunch.

I haven't found a breakfast yet that'll take me from 0630 when I get to work to lunch at 1200.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I make my green monster for breakfast.

2 Servings:

1 individual container greek yogurt
    1 cup almond milk
    1 banana
    1 cup strawberries
    2 cups fresh baby spinach
    handful of ice cubes

Mix it up in a blender and it tastes just like a strawberry/banana smoothie.