What do you do when you have a bad day?

Options
What do you do when you have a bad day? You ate too many calories? Or didn't loose any weight in your weigh in. I am just curious, so when I am in that situation I have some ideas.

Replies

• Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I tend to either give it all i've got during my exercise session that day (to let the anger out-yes anger- or just forget all about it, tomorrows a new day after all :)
  • tattooedtealady
    tattooedtealady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If I really go over one day, I will try harder the next day to watch every last calorie.
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I just keep on doing what I'm doing. I haven't had a plateau yet, but I am losing slowly (probably because I don't have much to lose). If I have a bad day, I just pick up again the next day. The important thing is to never give up! As long as your reaching your goals most days, then you will see results! But if you quit, you'll probably gain and wish you would have never quit.

So my biggest suggestion, is just to NEVER QUIT! Lol.
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Chalk it down as a bad day and start fresh tomorrow - thats what I do.

One bad day does not defeat 6 good days.

Good luck.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Burn extra calories by crying about it
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Burn extra calories by crying about it
    ^^^^
    This

With the extra calorie burn for the gnashing of teeth.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Try harder the next day. Even failures are successes if you use them to better yourself :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    What do you do when you have a bad day? You ate too many calories? Or didn't loose any weight in your weigh in. I am just curious, so when I am in that situation I have some ideas.
    Chalk it up as just a day. You can have a bad day, a bad week and even a bad month, but if you're consistent, you'll never have a bad year.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I stop being sad and start being awesome.

Kidding

The best thing to do is to follow a bad day with a bada$s winning day :D
  • chillichops
    Options
    I don't beat myself up over it but just make sure I'm extra good the next day and put more effort in with the cardio too.
  • 7memyselfandI
    Options
    I pull out a pair of "too big" jeans/shorts from before my weight loss and put them on. The reminder of how much weight I've lost and far I've come rejuvenates my state of mind and says to me that "it took a long time to make these fall off, they won't be too tight just because I've had one bad day"....keep at it...and I go forward.
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I just shrug it off and keep on with what I'm doing. It's working just fine.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Chalk it up as just a day. You can have a bad day, a bad week and even a bad month, but if you're consistent, you'll never have a bad year.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Very true.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    No need in dwelling in the past. Learn from your mistake and try harder the next day.
  • binderde
    binderde Posts: 23
    Options
    One day is not going to hinder your goals or losing, I won't lie there are days here and there every month where I decide to have what I call a "Fat Day" now I am not ingesting 5000 calories but I will have something greasy like a local pizza place or sometimes fast food, its ok to treat yourself to that as long as its not a consistent thing. We are all human and honestly you can enjoy one day of bad food and be fine.
  • MrsGoHard
    MrsGoHard Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I do the electric slide. Seriously.
  • mandylanerocks
    mandylanerocks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just keep going. & I try to not dwell on it too much, & if I do then I just exercise harder the next day or make sure I'm under my calorie goal the next day. I've had many days like that & it hasn't stopped me from losing weight. I think sometimes you need a day to not worry about calories & just eat whatever. Obviously, I don't go crazy. but I just keep doing my best everyday. that's all you can do :):):)
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I "start over" the next day by eating really well and going for a long run. 9/10 I still end up losing weight that week because I had 6/7 good days! :)
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I do some sort of exercise that I enjoy. It only takes a few minutes, and it improves my mood, makes me feel better physically, and then however many calories I've gone over doesn't look so bad.
    If I can't exercise, I just do better the next day.
    Since I've decided I would rather focus on just taking good care of myself rather than losing weight, there have been many, many weigh-ins that I have either lost like 0.2 lbs or nothing at all. But keeping on doing what I am doing, just because it makes me feel good to do it, has resulted in those tiny little increments adding up to being down 2-3 jeans sizes over the last 10 months.
  • rickcote13
    Options
    Like someone prior said.. make it a bad day and let it end there.. You have a whole life of choices ahead of you and they will not all be good ones. Learn to let yourself off the hook and move on....

Don't let 1 bad choice turn into 10, 100, 1000...

I would go the gym and work some of it off.. 8*)

Rick