Three Pies in the Break Room

Options
Oh crap! There are three lovely pies sitting in the break room just waiting for me to visit. I got half way there and turned it into a trip to the bathroom. Back at my desk drinking more water!

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    i just had a piece of chocolate mocha cake. Fit it in to my day and I am just fine! I plan on burning off the majority tonight doing my run. So, I'm good!
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT. :)
    Keep it up! I HATE it when people bring in treats at work!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    so ..... why don't you go in and have a slice?
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    Yep, treats at work is what made me fat. I have gotten really good at saying thanks, but no thanks!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    You should eat them all to save everyone else from suffering
  • supercatie18
    supercatie18 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I understand! I feel sorta like a brat for not being happy when people bring treats to work... but I have no willpower when it is just sitting staring at me (or calling my name from the next room)!!
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Do you have any sweet gum? I keep the Extra Dessert delights in my draw for just such an occassion! My personal fav is Apple Pie. Very sweet, keeps my mouth busy and really helps with the desire for a treat.
  • puppycloud
    Options
    Motivate yourself by thinking "I won't have a slice now, but I'll make myself some tasty xxx when I get home/treat myself to a lovely xxx on Saturday".

I cannot do this while denying myself to eat the good stuff, I only eat smaller portions and not so often.
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    What about a bite? C'mon one bite? Or just take a bite and spit it out, I know a lil gross, but it at least tastes kinda good, haha.
    Orrrrrrr, dance around while eating it ;)
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    If you can and want to, then do it~ If you can't and want to resist, then don't do it! Good Luck!! I know I would "accidentely" knock them over onto the floor~ LOL. At least one of them~ been a looongg time since I had pie!!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    You should eat them all to save everyone else from suffering
    ^^This! I volunteer!
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    lol! Whichever co-worker of yours brought them in should be congratulated on that particular level of geek... it's Pi day!
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT. :)
    Keep it up! I HATE it when people bring in treats at work!

It's Pi Day! I, personally put eight pies in the breakroom at work! Again, It's Pi Day!!!!
  • khbutterfly
    khbutterfly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oh crap! There are three lovely pies sitting in the break room just waiting for me to visit. I got half way there and turned it into a trip to the bathroom. Back at my desk drinking more water!
    You must work at the same place as me, but I think we have 6 pies unless 3 are already gone. I did not have a slice. :)
  • amandamrqz
    amandamrqz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We are having "pie day" at work today also! Boo!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    If you don't mind chewing gum, Extra has an apple pie flavored gum (and it's sugar-free) that's really good. You get the flavor but not the calories. They have other flavors too which are all yummy (except the sherbert, I actually got ill off that one) so you can have your own dessert when someone brings stuff like pies and cakes to work.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Yep, treats at work is what made me fat. I have gotten really good at saying thanks, but no thanks!

well, yes and no. working at a candy store won't make anyone fat. eating candy all day long at the candy store will make someone fat. personal responsibility and all that jazz.
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    lol! Whichever co-worker of yours brought them in should be congratulated on that particular level of geek... it's Pi day!

Happy Pi day everyone!
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Don't do it!!! Even if it is "PI" day...you'll feel better about yourself! YOu can do it! Stay strong...the gum idea is a great idea or mints. :) Keep drinking that water!
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options

It's Pi Day! I, personally put eight pies in the breakroom at work! Again, It's Pi Day!!!!

pshaw. It's half-Tau day. :wink: