Dating/Seeing/Married to someone you met on MFP?

Options

Replies

• JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    It happens...you're minding your own business, logging your foodstuffs and your calories earned from sweat equity...rah-rah'ing your friends on, posting snarky stuff in the forums...

...and then you meet THE ONE. You may or may not have been looking to meet said ONE here on MFP...but lo and behold...there they are. They can be sneaky like that.

So I know I'm not the only one...I have friends that have met here and are exploring more (since many of us don't live in the same state as the one we found so it can be a tad challenging) and I want to hear from the rest of you crazy kids and your MFP love adventures. 'Specially those who started off in different states...how did you make things work?

I like to tell mine that "he had me at WTG". :heart:

Awwww Thats cute!!! You should tell him that!

He already knows!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!! Hearing stories like yours let's me know that the whole online thing is still possible! :) Whether it be from MFP, Match.com, E-Harmony, etc... Super happy for you! :)
    Accck! Never match.com, e-harmony, or any other dating site.
    Now, now...it does work for some people. Just not this girl. :heart:
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    This is too sweet!! And it definitely seems like a great place to meet someone. Obviously you have the same goals, and are able to have a super support team! I wouldn't mind meeting someone here. Single white female... lol <3
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!! Hearing stories like yours let's me know that the whole online thing is still possible! :) Whether it be from MFP, Match.com, E-Harmony, etc... Super happy for you! :)

Well, if you have any other ideas I'm open! LOL!
  • marinemomx2
    marinemomx2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    <
    Nope but single....

And accepting applications :wink:

HA HA!!! Me too :bigsmile:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I have a friend on my list who met her boyfriend here. He just moved to her state (I think).
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I talk to a very sweet and beautiful girl on here outside of MFP pretty regularly.... does that count? :)
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    I talk to a very sweet and beautiful girl on here outside of MFP pretty regularly.... does that count? :)

Pssstttt my friend go see her!
  • booncey
    booncey Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love the "you had me at WTG"....Love sometimes shows up when you aren't looking for it.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Pssstttt my friend go see her!
    Yes...go see her. It might be the best decision of your life! :heart:
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I met my husband through a text message, haha. =]

I love hearing stories like this, though!

I wish you and your other half the best of luck!
  • esteelewis
    esteelewis Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    SOOO Sweet and SUPER happy for both of you! I met MY "ONE" in a game called Everquest YEARS ago. We lived in different parts of the country and neither of us were "looking" but it happened anyway! Barbarian Shaman and Woodelf Warrior eventually ended up married in real life and this August will be 8 years!

I was hoping to see another gamer out there. My boyfriend and I met playing World of Warcraft. we had known each other a couple years online, had a LAN party in Vegas about 4 years ago March 21st and have been dating ever since. Plan on getting married once I get some debt paid off and lose this darn weight (my requirements...not his.) Only had to do long distance for a year though (I was at school in Washington he lived in Cali). Then after graduating I moved to Cali to be with him.
  • mkayb1
    mkayb1 Posts: 21
    Options
    I didn't meet my husband on a website. We met in a computer lab. Kinda the same. Maybe? :-)
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options

I met my boyfriend on match.com, he's a keeper! He was my 1st match date. I met several after him that just weren't right.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    That's why I admire you OP :)

I'm witnessing way too many MFP people hooking up

I have yet to meet someone lol
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I like this girl that I met here on MFP. I mean we are friends and i truly hope things continue to blossom for us. neither of us were really looking for a relationship and we have considerable distance between us, but there is something "there" I truly badly want and need. Just talking to her is so refreshing and waking up and going to bed to her beautiful voice is always a blessing for me.

Stories like these are encouraging. Hopefully we will join you one day in this arena!
  • iwannalosealot
    Options
    this would be a fun place to meet "THE ONE" you'd have something in common right off the bat
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I did not meet my husband here on MFP, but I did meet him on a chat site way back in late 1999. We met in Oct'00 and have been married 10 years this April :)

We were long distance and cross border. I lived in Michigan which was 8 hours away from him in Ottawa Ontario. I moved in 2001 and have been a citizen of Canada since 2008.
  • smsavoy
    smsavoy Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congratulation, I never thought about meeting someone to date here on MFP, but what a better connect .
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    <
    Nope but single....

And accepting applications :wink:

^ This. lol