How long have you drank "Diet"

j4nash
j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
Diet Coke. Here in Texas that pretty much covers all carbonated beverages.

How long have you been drinking Diet? I started at 15 years old. Believe it or not it was because of health.. that was back in '95. I think it was because I was drinking 4-5 a sitting at dinner and the amount of sugar was unbearable. Now all I pretty much drink is water though.

Replies

• _Shelley_
    _Shelley_ Posts: 206
    I was never allowed to have regular soda. And on the rare occasion that I had or have it, it's diet. I cannot stand regular soda.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    My parents have always drank diet coke... Probably since I was old enough to drink soda. I LOATHE diet Pepsi though. :sick:
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Most of my life. My mum's diabetic so growing up the drinks in the house were the ones she'd buy. I'll drink normal Coke on occasion, but usually only if I'm really looking for a sugar boost. Otherwise, diet is just fine. Though I much prefer Diet Pepsi to normal or diet Coke.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    never. I've tried it and it tastes far more sweet in that ick (artifical sweetener) way to me. If I drink a coke, its regaular all the way.
  • I live of diet coke i wonder what it does to my boady only drinking diet coke but i hate other drinks when i was a kid i would drink juice but not a nough to keep my from getting dehydatrated so my parents gave my the diet coke <3 its the love of my life couldnt live without it
  • JupitersGhost
    JupitersGhost Posts: 64 Member
    On the rare occassion I was allowed fizzy drinks when I was younger, I was only ever allowed diet.

Now that I'm older and drink soda more often, I will only drink diet as regular tastes pretty nasty to me.
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Maybe 10 years or so.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    ~ Years ago I was addicted to the " Dew " .... I swear it was in my veins ! I loved that CRAP and never thought I could give it up ... But, three years ago I stopped cold turkey ! I haven't had a soda since ... And the thought of it makes me cringe ! I don't know how I ever drank that stuff ...

Today my drink of choice is ... H2O ! I do drink 7 cups of Green Tea a day for the health benefits .. But that is extra to my 80 oz's of water.

If you can drop the soda ... You would be amazed at what incredible difference you will see in your energy levels ... Less fluctuations in the sugar highs throughout the day. Plus ... There is nothing better for your body than good ol' H2O ! :smile:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    My mom always bought diet and if we wanted something other then water or milk, it would have to be diet. So now I can't even stand the taste of regular soda. I was one of the people buying a big mac and fries with the diet coke lol. My favorite has by far got to be diet 7up.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Only for a few months. I have always hated diet soda which isn't a problem since I'm not a huge soda drinker. But, since starting on MFP I gave Coke Zero another try so I could have the occaisional rum and coke and it's not the worst thing in the world. I only have one every couple months though.

But, I have gotten really into Diet Snapple Iced tea... I really like the peach and the raspberry. No calories and nice and refreshing. I've been drinking one a day for the past couple months now.

Other than that I stick to water, tea, coffee, beer, and wine. :)
  • never. it's a migraine trigger for me. can't deal with that!
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    I was 13!
  • LindaLou0802
    LindaLou0802 Posts: 22 Member
    Growing up, I always drank regular sodas, which was on occasion. Then when I went to college, I started drinking them a lot more so when I realized how much I was gaining from them, I switched to diet coke and have been drinking it for 12 years. I am trying hard to downgrade my addiction and switch to water!
  • sjebert
    sjebert Posts: 212 Member
    I am a diet dew fanatic, but I am seriously trying to cut down to 1 or 2 cans a day vs the 8 - 12 I used to drink. Been drinking diet dew for about 5 years, before that regular Dew all the way
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Started with Fresca and Tab back in the 70's, drink a lot less these days but I won't hesitate when out with my Harley buddies to order a diet instead of whatever they might be drinking, lol. Eating out is enough calories already.
  • Babs540
    Babs540 Posts: 19 Member
    Actually, I get a migraine from it too. I'm considered "allergic" to artificial sweeteners. My Aunt, a nurse, died in 02' of a brain tumor and swore up and down until her last breath that it was caused by her sugar free diet. So I refuse to partake in the stuff. There are some great sodas out there sweetened with Stevia though. That's if you have to have soda.
  • andreabball
    andreabball Posts: 90 Member
    Have been consuming diet for...oh... forever, I'd guess! I stopped in October and haven't looked back. It's water, unsweetened tea, black coffee, and wine for me nowadays!! I feel a million times better now that I don't use artificial sweeter. I think that diet and regular soda are both "the devil." LOL, addictive!!
    -Andi
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Love me some Diet Coke!

I intentionally brainwashed myself into liking Diet when I was 16 or 17. I was already very overweight then (more than I am now) and didn't want to drink my calories. I just bought a case of Diet Coke one time and wouldn't allow myself any other soda until I finished it, even though it was repulsive to me at first. It worked-- now Diet Coke is almost the only soda I will drink. I don't even have one a day, and I'll never give it up. Sweet calorie-free nectar.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 748 Member
    I don't like the taste of diet drinks. The only thing I can drink like that is Coke zero or whatever it's called. I cannot drink any form of Pepsi but the original though.

Edited to add that I lied...I forgot I don't mind Diet Dr pepper too much either.
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    I switched to diet pop about 6 years ago because that's when I met my hubby and that's what he drank lol. I would like to quit drinking pop but it tastes soooo good! Has anyone quit and lost a lot of weight from it? We both drink a ton of diet coke, everyday.