Eating back calories

Options
I know there are 1,000's of post regarding this-

I have seen that if you are heavy you do not need to eat back your calories because your body will not really go into starvation mode- it will get what is needed from your fat storage? Does this seem correct ?

Replies

• dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    For the longest time I didn't eat back any exercise calories. (120 of my 134 loss)

I've switched up my diet a bit and now I'm eating back half of my exercise calories.

I can't speak for everyone, people are very opinionated on this subject, I can just tell you what worked for me.
  • Jenny111372
    Jenny111372 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Since I started this 2 months ago I've tried to eat back all or most of my workout calories but trying to stay as close as possible to my daily calorie goal and I've lost almost 14.5 pounds. My goal is to lose 34 pounds total and it's worked for me so far.
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    For me, it depends on the day. If I burn a ton of calories (like 800-1000) I eat a majority back if I am hungry. (keyword: hungry, learning how to differentiate between hunger and boredom was challenging for me in the beginning ha) but on days I don't burn a ton, I don't bother to eat them back. (again, unless I am hungry.) I refuse to deprive my body if it needs nourishment.