Help- I'm so tired!

Options
Has anyone experienced a time while losing weight where they have felt dragged-out tired? I've spent a whole week this way. I am sleeping 7 1/2 hours a night and am eating healthy and well also but this last week I have been so tired I don't even want to exercise. I'm not down on protein, I seem to be eating enough of that. Can change of season do that to you? It's the only thing that has changed around here. It has gotten colder and rainier some days but there are great fall days in between. I feel like hy body is trying to go into hibernation mode. Any help or suggestions would be welcome.

Replies

• kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Has anyone experienced a time while losing weight where they have felt dragged-out tired? I've spent a whole week this way. I am sleeping 7 1/2 hours a night and am eating healthy and well also but this last week I have been so tired I don't even want to exercise. I'm not down on protein, I seem to be eating enough of that. Can change of season do that to you? It's the only thing that has changed around here. It has gotten colder and rainier some days but there are great fall days in between. I feel like hy body is trying to go into hibernation mode. Any help or suggestions would be welcome.
  • chrissi
    chrissi Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I feel that way to. I think it is just your body adjusting to fewer calories and not as much sugar and junk food in your body. It does seem to adjust after a couple of weeks, though. Try taking a multi vitamin such as One A Day Weight Smart. It has added ingredients for energy. Your body will adjust, just hang in there.
  • Kbrain228
    Options
    I take a prenatle vitamin once a day it has everything in it that you need plus it makes your hair and nails grow! Maybe this would help!
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have read this in other posts. I think you may need to up your calories?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    A multivitamin would probably help.

Also, in the winter, I take a vitamin D supplement to replace what we lose through less sunlight, this might help as well. The change of season used to hit me really hard....

How low are your calories? I was going for 1200 and absolutely could not function. I adjusted up to 1500 and feel much better, also I'm losing more rather than less weight at the higher calories.
  • nancym
    nancym Posts: 49
    Options
    kjllose, how many calories, protein, carbohydrates and fat are you taking in everyday? Are you male/female? Are you vegan/vegetarian/meat eater? ( I am a meateater).
    If female, are you doing the monthly thing? When is the last time you went to see your physician?
    Do you take vitamins or do you take supplements? Most dieters do well without the aid of a physician but sometimes the doctor is going to see that a particular diet is causing problems.
    I am on a controlled carb diet due to hypoglycemia. I was very fatigued all the time until I was diagnosed. Then when I found out I had a wheat allergy things changed for me. Without wheat and sugar, high sugar fruits and high starch vegetables, I feel so much better, more awake and alive. But that is me. Everybody is different.
    Share your diet with a doctor. Fatigue could be withdrawal, but it could be that it isn't the right diet for your body to follow.
    Good luck.
    nancym
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    thanks for the help everyone. Nancym to answer your questions 1. female 2. meateater3.monthly ?menopausal. 4. 1 month ago for bus physical. 5. Yes a multivitamin everyday. But I have been doing the same diet since the end of august with no problem so I do think I will give my doctor a visit. Thanks again just for being there to talk to.