Recommend yogurt brands with low or no sugar??

Options
Good day so far. Still need to get my sugar intake down. Don't want to drop the Activia yogurt, I'm eating it for digestive reasons, so maybe I need to find a sugar-free or lighter version. Any recommendations??

Thanks,

Linda

Replies

• Karalopolous
    Options
    I love chobani, plain no fat. Just add splenda and fruit-BAM! it's fab
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I buy Fage plain greek yogurt (I like the 2% but they have fat free too) and mix in a packet of Splenda and a tiny splash of vanilla extract. 8g of carbs for the yogurt and 1g for the Splenda.
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options
    Fred meyers light. has aspartame, though.
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    Plain Chobani Greek Yogurt. The flavored ones are delicious but may have more sugar than you are looking to consume.
  • tootsiewootsie
    tootsiewootsie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like Fage and then add honey--better for you than the aspartame. Also then you can experiment and make your own yogurt using 2 T of the Fage. I now am in love with my homemade yogurt--I add honey and cereal or fruit--yum!!
  • raechellg
    raechellg Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    the walmart great value light yogurt has like 15g and most of the yoplait is the same. just watch out for the yoplait whips because they have more.. but generally keep with the light yogurts and it will have less sugars. hope this helped..
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Chobani is made a few miles from where I live. BUY IT!!!!! It's great for our local economy! :happy:
  • toasterlisa
    toasterlisa Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I like the Oikos Dannon non-fat plain greek yogurt. It has a ton of protein per serving and it's lower in lactose than regular yogurts (I'm lactose intolerant). Go here, http://www.oikosyogurt.com/greek-yogurt/fat-free-greek-yogurt/quarts.aspx , then click on Nutrition Information.

It's sour though, kind of like sour cream, so you have to add fresh fruits that are sweet, or a teaspoon of honey, or a little Stevia.

A half-cup of the yogurt, a half-cup of a nutritious cereal, and a chopped up fresh pear makes a pretty frequent breakfast that I can eat in the car :-)

Best wishes on your health and wellness journey!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    All yogurts will have sugar from the milk, so you want to look for no added sugar. Greek yogurt is a great option. I prefer Chobani. I like the pre-flavored, but you can cut sugars down more by getting plain and adding your own fruit/sf jam.