what should i do when im just so so hungry?

Options
Ive only just started on mfp,
and my diests never been a huge problem, i love to cook and sometimes probably indulged a little in the gourmet side of things but overall never to bad , lots of fresh food from the garden.

but my exercise was really lacking.
so im focusing mostly on that...
but even 'healthy' foods seem to have lots of calories
my first few days staying underthe 1200 calorie goal was easy

but today im starving

what should i do? is it ok to eat a little bit more if its healthy food and i do extra excersize to compensate?

Replies

• fatshady360
    Options
    absolutely......if your hungry.....eat....100%........and if its healthy,you cant go wrong!!!!!:wink:
  • babybluefire
    babybluefire Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I ate carrot sticks the other day instead of a cadbury egg.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    well you shouldn't be UNDER 1200 calories and if you're exercising you need MORE than 1200 calories; hence the "starving."
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    If you're really hungry and not dehydrated or bored. DEFINITELY EAT! The way you can tell if you're hungry or just in the mood for something is..........True hunger---you'll eat just about anything. Craving----You have something specific in mind:tongue:

Make it a healthy food choice if you're hungry...don't worry about the extra calories! Yogurt, eggs, low fat cheese, apple etc....
  • francena1984
    Options
    EAT something even its if just some crackers or a sandwich, you can still eat what you want, exercise and still lose weight. Dont deprive your self. Im eating pizza and chocolates and exercising.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options

You are VERY VERY STRONG WILLED. Don't know if I could have done that!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Eat?? That is usually what your supposed to do when you are hungry.
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I have done alot of research since Ive started this.

The one thing that everyone seems to agree on is calories in versus calories out. (1200 is really hard for me to stick to, too)

PS... sometimes I think I'm hungry when I'm actually thirsty. When I stay hydrated, I notice I get less cravings
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options

You are VERY VERY STRONG WILLED. Don't know if I could have done that!

I second this!! I haven't said NO to a cadbury egg YET. LOL Nice job with the will power!
  • cinciti
    cinciti Posts: 59 Member
    Options

I love that.
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    cool thanks guys,
    like i said i eat healthy food anyway.
    even grow a lot of it my self and have always been pretty big on nutrition and particular benefits of foods and things,
    just have never done this calorie counting thing before.
    And I have a few huge assignments to get done and cant seem to think straight if i havent eaten
  • sandradaisy
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I have done alot of research since Ive started this.

The one thing that everyone seems to agree on is calories in versus calories out. (1200 is really hard for me to stick to, too)

PS... sometimes I think I'm hungry when I'm actually thirsty. When I stay hydrated, I notice I get less cravings

I agree, there are plenty of times when my stomach is growling, having recently ate a healthy meal and I drink water rather than eating more and find I wasnt really hungry just thirsty
  • ebony__
    Options
    yeah i dont think im dehydrated. im always thirsty. i drink contantly. except now i just drink water instead of juice.
  • ebony__
    Options
    it is all slightly confusing though just because ive never done calorie counts.
    ive been trying to stick to 1200 calories or under regardless of what excercise i do ..??
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    if you are excercising you should have more than 1200 cals per day. MFP wont put you under 1200 and then you add in your excercise and you get more cals to use.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Protein works for me, lots of meat (sorry veggies and vegans)

or nuts................ Then I dont tend to feel hungry xxxxxxx That might just be me xxxxxx
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    yeah i dont think im dehydrated. im always thirsty. i drink contantly. except now i just drink water instead of juice.

I drink about 6+ pints a day of water xxxxxxxxxxx Works for me............ xx
  • ebony__
    Options
    I have no idea what a pint is. but i drink about 3 - 4 litres
  • ebony__
    Options
    food is so interesting.
    Actually thinking about studying nutrition next year.
    (if i can get of mfp and finish my assignments so i can finish this years diploma first >.>> argghh so much homework. i actually just want to go fo a run. have told myself that if i can get 1000 words done today i will reward myself tonight with a big walk along the beach :)
  • 30togomoveit
    30togomoveit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I would chose something like a fruit, veggie, milk or yogurt when I get like that.