How would you log this?

Options
I went out to dinner tonight at a Mexican Restaurant. I ordered a Shrimp Cocktail (It was HUGE). It had Jumbo Shimp, cocktail shrimps, tomato, avocado, lime, cilantro, and onion. How would I log that in my food diary? Any suggestions on calories, fats, carbs, and protein in my meal? Thanks! :happy:

Replies

• determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I would look up the restaurant and see if you can find a calorie count somewhere.
  • Cherisehirz
    Options
    It is a family owned restaurant.... not a chain. So, unfortunately... No nutrition facts. :grumble:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Restaurants in my part of the world don't have nutrition info available... so I just look up the database and take a guess at something that sounds close... of if they all sounds like a low number I would enter 1.5 servings.

Or if you want to be more accurate you could put it into a recipe (how many shrimp, guess how much avocado, add a generic dressing etc)
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It is a family owned restaurant.... not a chain. So, unfortunately... No nutrition facts. :grumble:

find any mexican restaurant with shrimp cocktail. All of the shrimp cocktail I have ever had at a Mexican restaurant was how you described it, so the nutrition should be pretty comparable