Ran my first 5k!

Options

Replies

• courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I just started the Couch to 5K training program today. I set myself the goal of running in the Komen for the Cure breast cancer charity 5K coming up in October and so hopefully will be fit enough to do it by then. Seeing so many people doing it from thinking they would never be able to is so encouraging. So many many congratulations to you - that's awesome!

I had originally (in January) given myself the goal of doing on at Disney in November. Then it got pushed up to May, which is a week or two after I should finish C25k...but then I found a beach one in Florida when I'm on vacation and that idea got in my head....then I found out about the one downtown where I live and decided to just go for it. I didn't run the whole thing, I ended up running and walking it...but it's good to know from here on out that I CAN do it....maybe just give one a shot earlier than that!
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Who cares what your time was? You finished!
  • rede2go
    rede2go Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Congrats! you should be very proud of yourself! Keep up the good work.
  • sdmcbride10
    sdmcbride10 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good Job, It feels so good once you run, you'll see it will become an addiction.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    That's awesome ! Congratulations ! It's always a HUGE accomplishment to tap into the unknown and come out on top ! Great job on " Never giving up " ! Kudos to you ! :smile:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's amazing :)
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! Keep at it!!!!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Wonderful you did it!
    My first 5K I was dead last but I DID IT
    Great Job!
  • daisyduck0427
    Options
    Congrats!! I have always said the same thing, if you would have told me 5 years ago that I would be a runner I would have laughed at you. I started out running after my first son was born. Over the years have increased my miles. I have never run a race but I will this Saturday. My first race will be a half marathon!! Maybe someday you will do one too!! Congratulations again.
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    Thank you for all the support & kind words! @pwittek...I was sure I was going to be...In fact if I run the next race I want to (4miles) I'm betting I will be lol!
  • andreabball
    andreabball Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! I did my first 5k exactly 6 months ago and will be completing my first half marathon this Saturday. You GO GIRL!! Hope the racing bug has bitten you!!
    -Andi
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    Congrats!! I have always said the same thing, if you would have told me 5 years ago that I would be a runner I would have laughed at you. I started out running after my first son was born. Over the years have increased my miles. I have never run a race but I will this Saturday. My first race will be a half marathon!! Maybe someday you will do one too!! Congratulations again.

Good luck! that's actually my short/long term goal...I REALLY want to run the Disney Princess half marathon!
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! I did my first 5k exactly 6 months ago and will be completing my first half marathon this Saturday. You GO GIRL!! Hope the racing bug has bitten you!!
    -Andi

Good luck!! It totally has too...Ive already got like a huge list of races I want to run lol!! I just cant wait to drop some more weight and build up my endurance so I can run faster/more
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    My first one is this Saturday! Congratulations on your accomplishment! I can't wait to get one under my belt. I'm a little nervous for some reason lol.
  • jbrinda1
    jbrinda1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! In 2006, I was pushing 230 lbs and 5 miles was a really really long run for me. I thought one day I'd like to run a marathon, as in "one". But a year later I ran my first, and next month I'll be running my third straight Boston and 10th marathon. Believe in yourself and just put those miles in, no matter how slow. Just keep going, and cherish those rest days. They are as important as the hard days.
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    My first one is this Saturday! Congratulations on your accomplishment! I can't wait to get one under my belt. I'm a little nervous for some reason lol.

I know what you mean, I was a NERVOUS wreck!!! Like I had a panic attack the morning of...but It was so much fun! I'm totally hooked

((Btw if anyone wants to read about it I blogged about it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/courtneymal17/view/my-first-5k-225115))
    Congrats to you! In 2006, I was pushing 230 lbs and 5 miles was a really really long run for me. I thought one day I'd like to run a marathon, as in "one". But a year later I ran my first, and next month I'll be running my third straight Boston and 10th marathon. Believe in yourself and just put those miles in, no matter how slow. Just keep going, and cherish those rest days. They are as important as the hard days.

I Definitely would LOVE to do a marathon...I'm a HUGE disney freak, so I'd eventually like to do the disney world one through all 4 parks lol! Congratulations on it and good luck! That's an AMAZING success story!
  • SmileURLuved
    Options
    Congrats.. I just ran my first true 5k on Saturday.. You can do it...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    Congrats.. I just ran my first true 5k on Saturday.. You can do it...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Congrats to you too!!
  • TTcarey
    TTcarey Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!! you should be very proud of yourself
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!