Successful friend request REQUIREMENTS

Options
2»

Replies

• loseweightjames
    Options
    yes I love this....I get friend request that are blank and Im like ok...why are you befriending me....so I look at the profile to see if they are at least similar to me or have similar goals...and nothing...no info and sometimes not even a picture...I'm not gonna say that you have to send your friend request a certain way, you can do it however you like. But if you are sending me one I will not accept them like that. But I like to have just a few close peeps on here anyway that I can focus on and talk to on a regular basis. I just don't have time to be the supporter I should be to a lot of people. anyway.......

no picture and no info? What kind of friend would they be that they don't take the 5 minutes it takes to upload some photos and say a little bit about themselves?
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Anyone else tempted to send the OP a friend request with no message? :devil: :laugh:

i've been getting dozens of them! this must be *your* fault! ;-)

Must have some hot women among them if you still have a smile. No thanks needed. :bigsmile:
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I never leave a message. I figure people who are getting my friend request on a website about weightloss will clue in that I'm probably just hoping for some extra support. Didn't realize it had to be any more than that.
  • Tanyawhite30
    Options
    1) ALWAYS message them how you found them and why you wanna be their friend
    2) have something on your page about you, more details the merrier
    3) have at least a few photos, preferably ones that look like they belong on a fitness website and are fitness related (before/after, running, etc), not a facebook profile

how NOT to have a successful friend request: have a profile with ONE photo of a hot girl and have NOTHING on your page describing you whatsoever but have dozens or hundreds of friends. Ya, like I really believe you're real.

Your photo isn't fitness related. Fail.

:laugh: I agree! not really following his own (Requirements)
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    who cares really?
    i just think its funny when people are like "you must send a message!"
    but then they add people without sending one ha ha
  • spudman1232
    Options
    3) have at least a few photos, preferably ones that look like they belong on a fitness website and are fitness related (before/after, running, etc), not a facebook profile

how NOT to have a successful friend request: have a profile with ONE photo of a hot girl and have NOTHING on your page describing you whatsoever but have dozens or hundreds of friends. Ya, like I really believe you're real.

:drinker: this is great! you rock :-D FR's w/out a message = automatic DENY! muahahaha :laugh:

I wonder how many people like me sent you a friend request with no message fter reading this...lol
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options

no picture and no info? What kind of friend would they be that they don't take the 5 minutes it takes to upload some photos and say a little bit about themselves?

maybe because some people have creeper stalker ex's and would rather NOT post their pic on the net to be preserved for all of eternity?
    If somebody requires to know what I look like to be my 'friend' then I don't need them as a friend in the first place.
    i want friends because we have common interests...not because they like what I look like.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Unless you're a honeybadger

honey+badger.jpg
    I would SO accept a request from the honey badger!

And none of my photos are fitness related. Oh noes!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    If I got to apply to be your friend like its a freaking job ummmm I'm not getting hired lol I don't get all the requirements ish. Its not that serious :smokin:
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know anyone cared this much about friend requests lol.
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Well thanks for that invaluable advice.

Are you able to tell me anything about breathing - is Out first, In first, two Outs and an In? I'm not sure I'm doing it right and don't want to embarras myself by fainting on a run.

Thanks

Aaand I actually snorted. Two outs HAHA still laughing like a crazy person in my living room at 1am...
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    Unless you're a honeybadger

honey+badger.jpg
    I wouldn't add someone if they were a honey badger. They just never care when I need them to.
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Anyone else tempted to send the OP a friend request with no message? :devil: :laugh:

Tempted, but then if he accepts I'd have to delete him. And that'd be awkward.

^ Haha This lol
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of #1. Often I will receive a request and have no idea how I am connected to the personl.
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options

maybe because some people have creeper stalker ex's and would rather NOT post their pic on the net to be preserved for all of eternity?
    If somebody requires to know what I look like to be my 'friend' then I don't need them as a friend in the first place.
    i want friends because we have common interests...not because they like what I look like.

so agree - common interests, not pictures are what we should be showing... privacy first! a little common info is ok - leave out the exact details - a message is always nice
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hey, you forgot one!

#4. If you aren't going to leave your diary open, don't even bother sending me a request. How am I supposed to know how to be supportive of you when I can't tell what you are doing!?!?! For all I know you could be eating chips and candy all day and still be under your calorie goal. Do you honestly expect me to say 'nice job' when I can't even see what you ate? I don't know about you, but I don't have ESP :tongue:
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options

Dude, your 'about me' is private. Contradict much? :)