Successful friend request REQUIREMENTS

Options
1) ALWAYS message them how you found them and why you wanna be their friend
2) have something on your page about you, more details the merrier
3) have at least a few photos, preferably ones that look like they belong on a fitness website and are fitness related (before/after, running, etc), not a facebook profile

how NOT to have a successful friend request: have a profile with ONE photo of a hot girl and have NOTHING on your page describing you whatsoever but have dozens or hundreds of friends. Ya, like I really believe you're real.

Replies

• Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Unless you're a honeybadger

honey+badger.jpg
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Agree. #2 at least.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Aww.. you learned quite a bit in the 2 months you have been on here.:flowerforyou:
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

honey+badger.jpg
    LOL:laugh:
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    Aww.. you learned quite a bit in the 2 months you have been on here.:flowerforyou:

Ha! ya, sending requests and receiving them, i picked up a few things ;)
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    3) have at least a few photos, preferably ones that look like they belong on a fitness website and are fitness related (before/after, running, etc), not a facebook profile

how NOT to have a successful friend request: have a profile with ONE photo of a hot girl and have NOTHING on your page describing you whatsoever but have dozens or hundreds of friends. Ya, like I really believe you're real.

:drinker: this is great! you rock :-D FR's w/out a message = automatic DENY! muahahaha :laugh:
  • hollowdoll
    hollowdoll Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't have a facebook profile and will put whatever pics I want on here. so POO on that rule... but the other rules seem appropriate.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options

honey+badger.jpg

You called?
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

honey+badger.jpg

You called?

Heh. Honey.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Anyone else tempted to send the OP a friend request with no message? :devil: :laugh:
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Anyone else tempted to send the OP a friend request with no message? :devil: :laugh:

Tempted, but then if he accepts I'd have to delete him. And that'd be awkward.
  • MFPAddict
    Options

Tempted, but then if he accepts I'd have to delete him. And that'd be awkward.

I was thinking the same thing. :laugh: :laugh:
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options

Your photo isn't fitness related. Fail.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Good thing I don't like following other people's arbitrary rules.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Well thanks for that invaluable advice.

Are you able to tell me anything about breathing - is Out first, In first, two Outs and an In? I'm not sure I'm doing it right and don't want to embarras myself by fainting on a run.

Thanks
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Well thanks for that invaluable advice.

Are you able to tell me anything about breathing - is Out first, In first, two Outs and an In? I'm not sure I'm doing it right and don't want to embarras myself by fainting on a run.

Thanks
    You know Atticus... If you are going to be less than helpful..... at least I get a chuckle :laugh:
    You often crack me up.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Really? :huh:
  • MFPAddict
    Options
    Really? :huh:

I have a feeling the OP would make an exception for you.

:love:
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    yes I love this....I get friend request that are blank and Im like ok...why are you befriending me....so I look at the profile to see if they are at least similar to me or have similar goals...and nothing...no info and sometimes not even a picture...I'm not gonna say that you have to send your friend request a certain way, you can do it however you like. But if you are sending me one I will not accept them like that. But I like to have just a few close peeps on here anyway that I can focus on and talk to on a regular basis. I just don't have time to be the supporter I should be to a lot of people. anyway.......
  • loseweightjames
    Options

i've been getting dozens of them! this must be *your* fault! ;-)