Worst Part of Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong I love the fact that I am healthier and thinner but I hate that fact that I have to buy all new clothes. Lol if only they made clothes that would adjust to your new weight.

Like in Back to the Future 2--push a button and the clothes fit the person, not the other way around.
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I would agree but can not say that I didn't like it. I went from a size 46 to a size 34. So I had to by a new size every few weeks. It was costly but you always have one of those priceless moments when you are trying on new clothes and finding out you went down another size. Keep up the great work!!
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a woman and I have always HATED going clothes shopping. Fortunately, I kept some of my smaller sized clothes "just in case" and am managing to reclaim some of those instead of having to go shoppnig, which is a relief both to my anti-shopping sensibilities AND my wallet! I won't be keeping my bigger clothes "just in case" though - they're going OUT this time!!!

18176012.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree with this, can't afford to keep buying new clothes so I'm just left feeling frumpy in too baggy stuff! When I get to my goal weight I'm going to go on a shopping spree though!

^^^^^^exactly this^^^^^^^^^ ..... a belt is my friend lol
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a woman and I have always HATED going clothes shopping. Fortunately, I kept some of my smaller sized clothes "just in case" and am managing to reclaim some of those instead of having to go shoppnig, which is a relief both to my anti-shopping sensibilities AND my wallet! I won't be keeping my bigger clothes "just in case" though - they're going OUT this time!!!

18176012.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

^^^^^^^^^^^and this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ lol
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    haha I'm kinda like her, I love going down sizes in clothing. But I DO hate having to buy new bras a) because they're expensive b) I don't want my boobs to get smaller lol
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind clothes shopping if I could actually afford it.

Yep. I plan to thrift shop for clothes and at least I can spend most of the summer in dresses, but come next winter, I'm going to need all new pants and it's not like I can buy them a season ahead like I used to. On the other hand...at least I'm going to be buying smaller sizes, so yay!
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    I do not mind shopping for clothes too much, but I hate that certain seasons I dislike the styles. I am all for going for a change up in dress style, but not everyone likes every season's styles they are selling.
    But I do wait until my clothes look too big on me and buy a few things at a time. I do not buy more than two pairs of jeans at a time right now. But I LOATHE LOATHE LOATHE bra shopping. It is a nightmare! All the smaller sizes seem to have skinnier straps and I dislike that. The cost of them buggers add up way faster than the cost of the rest of my clothes.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Buying my clothes off Kingsize Direct online for the last decade cause no one carried a size 78 inch pants and 7-8 X shirts was my life... and now:

DSCF3019two.jpg

those same clothes:

DSCF0104resized.jpg

DSCF0105resized.jpg

and now I walk into Kohl and buy a pair of 36-38 inch waist Nike Dry fit shorts to workout in and 2x shirts... No I would have to disagree I so like going clothes shopping and it will get even better after my skin surgeries!! Nothing wrong with the self confidence one can get buy rockin a good outfit!!! lol
  • dchss80
    dchss80 Posts: 25
    Options
    Completely understand about the new clothes. I have decided that until i reach my goal im not buying anything new. I added extra hole to my belts.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Well, my entire wardrobe is made up of original clothes from the 1930s-early 1950s. These clothes have no stretch. I am dieting so I can fit into them again instead of squeezing in and looking like an overstuffed sausage.
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    I hate it too! I have a waist much smaller than my hips it has always been this way even in my thinner days. Then I have always had thick thighs and calves as well. My arms have always been bigger as well as my bust. In the 80s it was almost impossible to find clothes to fit me then i gained a buttload of weight and became horrendous to be comfortable and stylish. I am so thankful to whoever came out with stylish jeans with spandex and waist on the hips. This being said I am a woman and i am not sure what is available for men. I know it is hard to find things fit after losing weight because usually one has been working out plus the loose skin one might have in certain other areas of the body.
  • incfighters
    incfighters Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    dude, i totally feel ya. i wouldn't say it's the worst, but it sure does suck. i'm straight up broke, and am left wearing baggy clothes (not able to enjoy being thinner yet), and everything i try on fits weird cuz i'm in between sizes and am still losing. my current clothes looked way better on me when i was bigger, but i figure, eventually i'll be able to work something out. just gotta wait for that goal weight and get cheap substitutes / wear the old on the way down.
    o yea, im a bridesmaid for a wedding too. my dress arrived in december and now i gotta spend about $60 to alter this brand new dress so i can wear it for a day.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    Completely understand about the new clothes. I have decided that until i reach my goal im not buying anything new. I added extra hole to my belts.

Luckily I have sizes 9-16 in my closet so I can find something.
  • arickim
    arickim Posts: 137
    Options
    I hate the fact that I have to go shopping. I really don't mind buying the clothes, but shopping is the devil. My husband loves to shop, but I would rather stand out in the rain.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I don't like to buy new clothes either. They're way too expensive, and I won't be in them long. Have you thought about going to places like the Salvation Army and Goodwill? Most of my wardrobe is from there, and clearance racks. It's a lot of sorting through clothes to find a few pieces, but it's cheap, and for a good cause. 95% of my wardrobe is second hand, and you'd never know. I get complimented, a lot, and everyone looks surprised. Goodwill's like a treasure hunt :)

I hate trying on clothes. I still see and feel like the old, fat me who hated it, so I get where you're coming from. Not sure if that's your issue or if it's strictly a money thing, but for me it's both.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I can understand how you're feeling. I don't enjoy clothes shopping. Thankfully, I just needed to lose enough to fit back into my wardrobe, so I don't have to buy anything new. Not fun!
  • emma110984
    emma110984 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have some clothes that i absolutely adore... so I am going to get them tailored to fit!!
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    for me it is a bad thing because i don't have a lot of money to spend on all new stuff. but if i did, this would be great! i have shopped thrift stores but don't find any great things usually...going to keep looking and if not going to bite the bullet and buy some new stuff. the only problem is i don't want to spend a lot because i want to lose about 30 more lb. and these will again begin to not fit me in the future. weight loss has slowed so i may be able to wear them longer.
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Definitely gonna go to the thrift stores until I reach my goal weight and plan on donating all my other clothes to charity,atleast someone will want them more than me now lol