excercise - are you a morning or evening person?

Options
xSophia19
xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
So when it comes to excercise what time of the day do you prefer to do it. And i mean real excercising like gym, jogging, aerobics, boxercise, circuit classes etc. Not just walking up and down the stairs. :smile:

I like to do indoor excercises early in the morning - I prefer to hit the gym around 8am, rather than go night time when alls you want to do is shower, pj's and watch tv for the night! Last few months I have been jogging few nights a week around my town, i never thought id be able to wake up in the morning and go for a morning jog! I always felt that more people could see me through there windows and were critisising me, but this morning I got up, I had a postivie feeling that today is going to be a good one, I thought STUFF what other people think of me when they see me running! Whether i know them or not! Alls you have to do is smile and run along :) So ive not long come back from a morning jog - feeling much better and i prefer getting out of bed in the morning to go jogging rather than be lazy all day and wait untill 8pm to go out for a jog, where its rather chilly outside and possibly raining!! (the amount of times ive been caught in the rain is ridiculous!) But this morning it was nice and fresh and enjoyed it :)

Sooo morning excercise is the way forward for me! I will be jogging more often in the morning, whether I have work or not! (Ill just get up earlier!) :bigsmile: and then i can relax all night then and not have to worry about getting workout gear on and run alone in the dark! :smile:

Replies

• rockchk31
    rockchk31 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i try to exercise in the morning but if i have work then i do it in the evenings......i always prefer to exercise in the morning if i can as it sets me off on the right track for the day!!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    i try to exercise in the morning but if i have work then i do it in the evenings......i always prefer to exercise in the morning if i can as it sets me off on the right track for the day!!

yea i find it sets me off on the right track for the day tooo :) its awsome!:tongue:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I prefer running in the morning and circuit/weight training in the evening.
  • leahnoelle31
    leahnoelle31 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Morning for me, usually at 5am. It's the only time I've got all day to be 100% selfish and focus on ME!
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    The morning, between 6:00 and 7:00. It's the only time of the day that's just my time. I agree with everyone else that it's a great way to start the day, especially if I can squeeze some yoga in. Yoga always puts me in a good mood.
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Evenings.

I have to be at work at 6:45am and it's hard for me to get up at 4:00 am and be ready to exercise. The evening is good for me because it's a great stress relief.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Morning for me, usually at 5am. It's the only time I've got all day to be 100% selfish and focus on ME!

Me too! I either weight train in the house or do my C25K running. I love it! It's nice and quiet and I'm fresh!
  • italiankid96
    Options
    Afternoon/Evening person. Working out is the last thing on my list before 12:00 lol
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    4:30 am...M-Sat....I find that if I don't get to it first thing in the morning it may not get done. As the day goes on...so do the errands, chores, exhaustion, and excuses!! :-)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    - I prefer to hit the gym around 8am, rather than go night time when alls you want to do is shower, pj's and watch tv for the night! Last few months I have been jogging few nights a week around my town, i never thought id be able to wake up in the morning and go for a morning jog! I always felt that more people could see me through there windows and were critisising me, but this morning I got up, I had a postivie feeling that today is going to be a good one, I thought STUFF what other people think of me when they see me running! Whether i know them or not! Alls you have to do is smile and run along :) So ive not long come back from a morning jog - feeling much better and i prefer getting out of bed in the morning to go jogging rather than be lazy all day and wait untill 8pm to go out for a jog, where its rather chilly outside and possibly raining!! (the amount of times ive been caught in the rain is ridiculous!) But this morning it was nice and fresh and enjoyed it :)

See, the time period you claim "alls you want to do is shower, pj's and watch tv for the night" - I exercise much better at that time. Im not someone who does nothing at night because after being active all day, I still have the adrenalin going.... I work in a major hospital network.

I work 40-50hrs per week, I have two music practices per week where both are two hours sessions each. Those two music practices are my days off from working out. The other days, I leave work, go home to change, spent the last 30 minutes my husband has before he has to go to work for third shift and then I head out to go to the gym.
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm a "whenever I can fit it in with two kids" kinda person lol. Sometimes that means a morning workout, and sometimes that means an early afternoon workout, and very rarely an evening workout lol. As long as I get it done, I really don't mind what time of day it is :).
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I only exercise in the mornings on the weekend, and my morning usually starts around 10am on the weekend - I also know that if I don't get my exercise done in the morning on the weekends it never gets done.

I'm too lazy to wake up an go to the gym before work, I'd rather work out in the evening and have an extra hour sleep in the morning!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Both.
    I do an hour in the mornings, and an hour in the evening.
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Afternoon/evening. It's hard enough getting up at 5am to go to work. I'd have to get up at 3:45/4:00 to get my workout in before heading to work. That aint happening.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    :tongue: sometimes 2am usually 8am....so both?
  • zeikiya989
    Options
    MORNING, MORNING, MORNING! I feel like the mornings are a great start to my day, i feel energized after and just seem to have a better day. I think it helps with eating too, because i go to the gym first thing and after the hard work, I am less likely to ruin that work with bad foods. On Wednesday nights i have to go at night, my whole day is off anyways cause i cant do it in the morning, whole day seems like im dragging, plus my energy gets worse though out day and i do 6:30 by that time i feel tired.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I would go out and exercise on mornings, but I just get so tired and hungry. I get up at about 5:30am on Tuesday and Thursday, 5:10am on Wednesday and Friday. I will be working. I get back at around 7am and I'm starving lol. I have to eat something.

I usually do cardio on Tuesday and Thursday, at around 5:30pm or 6pm and get back about 50 minutes to an hour later. Throughout the week I have been doing my weight lifting and such which I do around 3pm. I don't want to start to early because everyone is getting up, getting ready for school. Just to much of a distraction for me. I then eat, relax a bit, study then do my workout. Depending on what part of the body I am working will determine how long it takes me.

Not sure what I will be doing today. I did my first leg workout yesterday. Lunges, Deadlifts and Squats. My legs and glutes are like jelly, they ache when I get up and ache when I walk. Even moving them a bit causes them to ache.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Usually from late morning to afternoon
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Where's the twice a day option!?!
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I usually exercise in the evening, but I am trying to be a morning person. If I could get it out of the way first thing in the morning, I would have time for other stuff in the evenings.