BREAKFAST :)

Options
Any Great ways to make breakfast more interesting, fun, colourful, not so dull & most importantly fills you up ready for a great start of the day!?
Here Are Mine:

Porridge with one spoon of Manuka honey & handful of blueberries
1 Scrambled Egg (on imaginary bread!!) with one piece of health grilled bacon
Fruit Salad: served with Spoonful of natural greek yogurt & spoonful of honey & granola (oats)

Good Luck Fitties :P
x

Replies

• clouxles
    clouxles Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Sounds interseting ... on the weekend I add some spinach to my egg or Bok Choy ...looks good (green but good)... But during the week I want to get going and just want an order of StuffYoYap (fast and easy) as long as it's balanced... Protein Carbs Fat (my new mantra)

Nothing looks better than maple syrop on pancakes (only to be seen in pictures these days)
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have a omelette with a banana and a tablespoon of greek yogurt :) tastes great :)
  • harrietflorence
    harrietflorence Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    ..really egg with yogurt!?

& i've never had maple syrup and pancakes!!!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    fresh spinach and peppers (red, green and yellow) in my egg white omelet. Delicious!

I also like the sugar free jams made by Smuckers. I put those on all kinds of things. I have peach, red raspberry and blueberry in my fridge right now. They taste great! I put the jams on toast (1 slice Sara Lee, 45) or you can put a tablespoon or so into plain yogurt. Put some on a plain rice cake too. You could probably even stir a little into some oatmeal if you wanted it fruity. Ohhh I might have to try that myself!
  • Pinkmaddycat
    Pinkmaddycat Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches.....

I have recently found that a sandwich with a meat content (i like thin turkey ham 20cal a slice) and light mayonnaise is the only thing that i enjoy and keeps me satisfied....often until the early evening if i snack sensibly in between, leaving me a nice amount if cals for a hearty dinner and yummy snacks when craving.

I'd tried cereals, fruits and yoghurts all believing the low cals was a good way to start the day but i now know that my body needs some good substance in the form of carbs and protein to kick start my day.

Also love jamie olivers 1 cup pancakes with a teaspoon of golden syrup but generally dont have time to make these before work.
  • LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Whole grain toast with guacamole and hard-boiled egg slices. I have this with some kefir. Soooo good!
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    ..really egg with yogurt!?

& i've never had maple syrup and pancakes!!!

yep! otherwise I cannot mash bananas :laugh:
  • Pinkmaddycat
    Pinkmaddycat Posts: 175 Member
    Options

Nothing looks better than maple syrop on pancakes (only to be seen in pictures these days)

This is my topping of choice whenever i have them!!! One of our chains of pubs here do an awesome breakfast of pancakes, with just right cooked bacon and little jug of the syrup..... needless to say its 685 cals a portion !
  • harrietflorence
    harrietflorence Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Try porridge made with milk with they honey & blueberries, i used to never get satisfied with breakkie, but even after walking for 2 hours straight i can still go till12;15 without feeling mega hungary!
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    Protein shake - 140 calories every morning at 6am then my 5km run (: it's my ritual
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Protein powder cake!! 1 to 2 scoops of protein powder mixed with oatmeal vanilla extract cinnamon and Splenda...add 1/2 cup of pumpkin purée...blend quickly with an Immersion blender..microwave for 2 min...top with some brown sugar Splenda!! Cake in a bowl!! To die for!!
  • newfieborn
    Options
    On the weekday, I like to get out the door fast. So I have Yogurt and Cottage Cheese mixed together. That gives me a balance of Protein and Carbs.
  • lady_in_weighting
    lady_in_weighting Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    i have microwaved wheetabix for breakfast with a teaspoon of peanut butter and some cinnamon! WIN!
  • brandyj89
    brandyj89 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    try this its really good!!!

100% whole wheat bagel ( i toast it)
    1 wedge of laughing cow cream cheese
    1 table spoon of smuckers sugar free jelly (i use grape or strawberry)
    slices of banana

I toast the bagel, the recipe says mix the splenda and cream cheese. But i found it to be too sweet so i don't use the splenda. But people have their own opinion but spread it on your bagel. Then you add the jelly on top. finally you add your banana or fruit of choice on top!! Easy quick & yummy!!!!