Strange things that help you lose weight

Options
Krizzle4Rizzle
Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
Playing World of Warcraft post workout and before bed actually helps me with my weightloss goals. It distracts me from mindless eating, since I get so involved in the game, I don't think about food.

What are some of your things?

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Well for the first few months I would always weigh myself with my shoes on, so that no matter what the scale said I could tell myself "It's ok, you had your shoes on. You weigh less than that."
  • Whatamilike
    Options
    Well for the first few months I would always weigh myself with my shoes on, so that no matter what the scale said I could tell myself "It's ok, you had your shoes on. You weigh less than that."

Hahahaha brilliant! I've got some big boots I could use...

I have a tooth whitening kit (I work with a dentist so got it cheaply). At the moment I'm doing that during peak nibbling hours - I literally can't nibble with that in my mouth and my teeth are so nice and white afterwards that i don't want to spoil them...
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChocoMello
    ChocoMello Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    A class of lemon water before i go to bed, it also helps to get a great skin!
  • DottieNewton
    DottieNewton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    great ideas!! since I wear dentures the tooth whitening thing wouldn't work. Thinking maybe a mussel that fitted over my mouth. HUMMM
  • xASHYxSMASHYx
    xASHYxSMASHYx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Cleaning... once I get busy cleaning the house I usually don't stop for at least a couple hours, and I don't think about food at all then.
  • mkmacf
    mkmacf Posts: 101
    Options
    Baking! I love to bake and feed other people, and usually when I make it I prefer giving it away to other people. I may have a tiny bit though. Last night I made whole wheat cinnamon buns, and gave all but one away. It relaxes me, and distracts me, and keeps processed treats out of the house.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options

I have a tooth whitening kit (I work with a dentist so got it cheaply). At the moment I'm doing that during peak nibbling hours - I literally can't nibble with that in my mouth and my teeth are so nice and white afterwards that i don't want to spoil them...
    I first read this as " I have some big BOOBS I could use" lmao
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Playing World of Warcraft post workout and before bed actually helps me with my weightloss goals. It distracts me from mindless eating, since I get so involved in the game, I don't think about food.

What are some of your things?

Me too! As soon as I'm done with my workout & shower I hop on the computer, except I'm play SWTOR instead of WoW atm.

Another thing that's helped me is gum. I guess I have some kind of oral fixation since I quit smoking, it makes me crave food. Whenever I get these craving I chew gun instead of food. And ya... after 3 years without smoking I still get cravings. It sucks.
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I play world of warcraft while riding my exercise bike. I burn some added calories and am distracted. Just have to watch our for overuse injuries.
  • brittnicoledav
    Options
    I distract myself from cravings. When i get a craving but know im not actually hungry i have a list of things to do, such as have a bubble bath, paint my nails, stretch, etc. and I choose from the list. by the time i'm done, the cravings gone! plus i always have super cute nails ;)
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I play world of warcraft while riding my exercise bike. I burn some added calories and am distracted. Just have to watch our for overuse injuries.

How!?! If I could do this I'd have 10 level 85's and have rockin legs!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options

great idea lol x
  • anarose13
    anarose13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I knit, crochet, and chase my one year old. If its not healthy for her or i dont want her to have any then i dont eat it either. the crafts help keep my hands busy and my mind off food too.
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I made a desk using PVC tubing and plywood that sits on the handle bars. Im in the midst of modifying it to accept a new much larger monitor.
  • Katie1951
    Katie1951 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Scanning pictures. Wrote a BLOG about it.
  • senordeny
    Options
    Well i have just been working out alot. Also if i had known about WoW helping you lose weight i would never have gone to SWTOR lol.

Anyone here play on Exodor? I am thinking about coming back.
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    I made a desk using PVC tubing and plywood that sits on the handle bars. Im in the midst of modifying it to accept a new much larger monitor.

Do you already have the monitor? LOL I did something similar, and I mounted my 32" flatscreen TV "monitor" (bought used) on the wall... helps with eyestrain if it's a little further away... hehe =D
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Well i have just been working out alot. Also if i had known about WoW helping you lose weight i would never have gone to SWTOR lol.

Anyone here play on Exodor? I am thinking about coming back.

Bronzebeard.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

I wish I could do that.. but I know what my shoes weigh. (yea, im odd)
    I have one pair of leather, steel toe, steel footplate workboots that were so heavy i weighed them (10.2lbs)... and then I weighed my other shoes too. lol

anyway back on topic..
    When I started losing weight, I knew it was a mental thing. Above everything else it was just mind over body.
    So I picked a day and said, I am not going to eat ANYTHING this one day... and I did it.
    Since then, I can say no to anything... just because I KNOW I am strong enough to.

sounds stupid, but it worked..... my largest problem seems to have been saying yes to food, even if I just ate...