What exercise DVD do you recommend????

Options
I have joined a gym but some days I am having trouble getting there. I am wanting to do a exercise dvd at home. What do you recommend. I have been looking at Beachbody products, Turbo Jam, Brazil Bull Lift, CharLean, Slim in 6. I am a beginner to exercise. I am out of shape. I weight 157 and want to weigh 135 to 130. I have a little pooch in my stomach and I would LOVE to get rid of. I am looking for pros and cons. Any advice or recommandations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Replies

• twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Come on, I know there are people out there who use DVD's. Please let me know hat you think of them.
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    All Jillian Micheals dvds. I rotate with her Ripped in 30, 6 Week 6 Pack Abs, Yoga Meltdown, Killer Buns & Thighs, and I also have 30 day Shread, but haven't done it since I got Ripped in 30, like it much better. All the ones I have are only 30 minutes, but seriously effective workouts & not boring at all!! Each dvd has 2 to 4 different levels of workouts so you can progress as you get stronger or just switch things up to avoid doing the same workout. They are set up as circuit training type of workouts, incorporating intervals of cardio, strength & abs for a high calorie burn & total body workout, even the 6pack ab gives you an over all body workout. You need nothing but a few hand weights & a mat if you're on a hard surface.
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! I am really wanting something that I will use. I am tried of buying DVDs and not using them. I want something FUN!!!!!!!
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I use hannah watermans DVD i love that but i am a real Zumba fan and Jillians Micheals 30day shred!
    Beach body products are good my friend uses Turbo Jam but personally I havent used any of them!

best thing to do is find what you like and buy dvds according to your likes if you love dance get Zumba! if like boxing or kick boxing Tae bo! the world is your oyster! lol

good luck with your DVD hunt
  • jacquirich
    jacquirich Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just love the Jillian Michael's DVDs, I also have turbofire but not started it yet
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, Chalean Extreme and Leslie Sansone's 4 and 5 mile dvd's.
  • abbybean11
    abbybean11 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i'm crazy about Bob Harper DVD's! I HIGHLY recommend: Pure Burn Super Strength, Total Body Transformation, and Yoga for the Warrior. All of these DVD's have an hour long workout and a shorter 20 minute workout, depending on how long you wanna go.

I also use Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD, but she kinda annoys me sometimes so I prefer Bob lol.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yup! Jllian Michaels 'No More Trouble Zones' especially! And her videos are wicked (yes Im from Boston) cheap!
  • Jnt1979
    Jnt1979 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sanson (I think that's how you spell it) is good!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Billy Banks Tae Bo, Turbo Jam, or Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred or 6 week 6 Pack!
  • rasptorte
    rasptorte Posts: 29
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. 30 Day Shred is effective, although I'm not sure I would say I enjoy it.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! I am really wanting something that I will use. I am tried of buying DVDs and not using them. I want something FUN!!!!!!!
    LOVE anything by Chalene Johnson... Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, ChaLean Extreme. If you are a beginner, I would start with Turbo Jam. It helped me lose a big chunk of my weight. Plus it's super fun!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Oh, with Turbo Jam, I didn't buy the whole system, just a few dvds "elsewhere." My faves are Cardio Party 2, Cardio Party 3, and Punch/Kick/Jam.
  • fdavisdarthard
    fdavisdarthard Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Check out Exercise TV. They offer a wide variety of exercise videos that you can purchase online and download immediately. The website is ww.exercisetv.tv Good luck!!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm a Chalene fan, so I'm going with Turbofire on this one. I also love CLX.
  • p1962
    p1962 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do the turbo jam if you are new. You'll love it and she is a great motivator to keep you excited in it. It's a party!
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Options
    Leslie Sanson (I think that's how you spell it) is good!

I agree when it comes to Leslie. Any of her Walk at Home videos are challenging...and especially if you have back problems like I have it is a great way to burn those cardio calories. There are also some videos that she incorporates hand weights or that plastic band that you use for resistence....that is your strength training there.

Give it a try!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the 30 day shred, and pretty much anything else by Jillian Michaels.

Pro's you WILL get results.
    Cons if you have bad knees or ankles you might wanna start off slow at first. when i first started the shred i had problems, but i have arthritis in my ankles and knees because of old injuries, so it might not be bad on everyone. Now on round 2 of the shred i have no problems getting through the workouts and have no pain.
  • Handbanana06
    Handbanana06 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity and that was super fun, Shaun T is a great motivator and Now I am doing Turbo Fire and I love it, It is super fun! Brazilian Butt Lift is already bought and ready to go after I finish Turbo Fire.
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've tried Turbo Jam and Zumba!! Zumba by far is my favorite!!! Love it! It makes exercise so much fun that you dont want to stop!!