Calorie counter/HRM that is not chest strap?

Options
I am looking into getting a calorie counter/HRM but want to find a good one that will work on my wrist or elsewhere on my body. I wear our baby on my chest during walks. He is very grabby when awake and sleeps with his head right on my heart if he falls asleep. Thanks!

Replies

• Sytera
    Sytera Posts: 75
    Options
    bump
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    The chest strap goes under your boobs, so it wouldnt interfere with your little papoose's slumber. ;) You could comfortably breastfeed with it if you had to.
  • Sytera
    Options
    The chest strap goes under your boobs, so it wouldnt interfere with your little papoose's slumber. ;) You could comfortably breastfeed with it if you had to.

Awesome! Being able to breastfeed with it on is a huge plus. Do you have a recommendation for one? Thank you.
  • Ddubs22
    Ddubs22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit Ultra - it links to MFP and is free! And the Bodymedia Fit is an arm strap and has a lot of features, not a free website, doesn't link to MFP but I think it offers a lot of features and is very accurate.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options

I agree!! I have the Polar FT60 and have heard great things about the other Polar models as well. I have breast fed with it on and didn't have a problem. LO didn't even know I was wearing it.
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

Second this......its worn under your shirts and I HIGHLY recommend buying one with a strap as opposed to one without...they're way more accurate! :smile:
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    I have both a Polar HRM and a BodyMedia FIT Link armband...both are great! And I agree with mamamc03 - the chest strap for the HRM won't be in the way at all!

The HRM is only going to track your calories burned during exercise...the BodyMedia FIT will track your calories burned all day long. I find that the readings I get for exercise calories burned are very similar between my HRM and my BMF.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The chest strap shouldnt be a problem. Its sits right under your boobs honestly and you barely notice it there. The ones with the chest straps are MOT accurate from my understanding... so I wouldnt recommend just a wrist one.
  • Sytera
    Options
    I'm looking at the Polar website and they all just look like watches. Do they also come with a chest strap option? Thanks for all the help!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

Awesome! Being able to breastfeed with it on is a huge plus. Do you have a recommendation for one? Thank you.

I love the Polar FT4 or FT7. It runs around $100.

I lost my strap a while back and needed a new one, but didnt want to fork out the $ again. I found a Sportline (not sure of the model) for $40 @ ****'s Sporting Goods. It works just as well and the watch is a little more trendy...but shows filth quicker than the polar.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options

This!

I bought mine from Target, it's a New Balance one and I love it.