What exercise DVD do you recommend????

Options
2»

Replies

• trishiemo
    Options
    turbo jam is a great starter... and then followed up by turbofire (that has HiiTs in it). High calorie burn- workouts as short as 10 minutes for HiiTs, and 20 for cardio. Can also use weighted gloves when you are ready and they have a low impact version. Turbo Fire has a "new to class" to walk you through the moves.

Cathe - amazing step cardios, but best from her are her strength/lifting videos... all free weights. Pure Strength is my fave of all time!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I like the following Jillian Michaels dvds--

30 Day Shred
    Ripped in 30
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
    No More Trouble Zones
    Killer Buns & Thighs
    6 Week 6 Pack
    Extreme Shed and Shred
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Oh, with Turbo Jam, I didn't buy the whole system, just a few dvds "elsewhere." My faves are Cardio Party 2, Cardio Party 3, and Punch/Kick/Jam.

I LOVE Turbo Jam too, the main one is good because you get 5 workouts, though one is a Learn & Burn, so after a while you probably won't do it. My ultimate favorite is Live TJ Booty & Abs workout, it's strength, but it's SO good. I will be moving on to Chalean Extreme soon, but I love TJ and if you don't already work out, it's where I would start. I started at 150 and am down to 139, dropped a pants size, I am building more muscle now rather than "losing" pounds. My bum is nice & smooth though!

Oh, like others have said, you can get the videos on e-bay or Amazon, just check prices both places, I've gotten some cheaper on e-bay & some amazon.
    Good luck.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Oh and another big thing that helped me in the beginning is Just dance 3 on the Wii. It has a sweat program you can do for a 7 day challenge...It is FUN and you don't even realize you've worked out until you done and drenched with sweat. If you love to dance and have fun i highly recommend this for a beginner to working out..it is way easy on the joints.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I like the following Jillian Michaels dvds--

30 Day Shred
    Ripped in 30
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
    No More Trouble Zones
    Killer Buns & Thighs
    6 Week 6 Pack
    Extreme Shed and Shred

I especially love the Banish Fat boost metabolism one right now since it has a mixture of all 3 lvl's of the shred workout combined along with alot of other stuff. I can't wait to get Revolution! :)
  • kimgravel
    kimgravel Posts: 32
    Options
    All Jillian Micheals dvds. I rotate with her Ripped in 30, 6 Week 6 Pack Abs, Yoga Meltdown, Killer Buns & Thighs, and I also have 30 day Shread, but haven't done it since I got Ripped in 30, like it much better. All the ones I have are only 30 minutes, but seriously effective workouts & not boring at all!! Each dvd has 2 to 4 different levels of workouts so you can progress as you get stronger or just switch things up to avoid doing the same workout. They are set up as circuit training type of workouts, incorporating intervals of cardio, strength & abs for a high calorie burn & total body workout, even the 6pack ab gives you an over all body workout. You need nothing but a few hand weights & a mat if you're on a hard surface.

Ditto this pretty much exactly. I also love her No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism videos.
  • freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love love love turbofire. This is the most motivated i have ever been to work out. Currently finishing up week 6!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian's Ripped in 30 the best
  • JenGranzow
    JenGranzow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have done Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 and they are excellent videos for circuit training, but I have to say that since I have been doing Chalene Johnson videos, I am totally hooked. If you are new to working out, definitely start with Turbo Jam. It's a lot of fun and a great workout. I am just finishing up ChaLean Extreme and plan to go into a ChaLean/Turbo Fire hybrid even though I have Insanity sitting in the box waiting for me. Chalene's style is really, really motivating. Best of luck to you!
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    I have TurboFire and really enjoy it. I also love Kelly Coffey-Meyer. She has a lot of different FUN DVDs - boxing, kick-boxing, step aerobics, step-boxing (combination of step aerobics and kick-boxing...LOVE these!), and strength training.
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have done Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 and they are excellent videos for circuit training, but I have to say that since I have been doing Chalene Johnson videos, I am totally hooked. If you are new to working out, definitely start with Turbo Jam. It's a lot of fun and a great workout. I am just finishing up ChaLean Extreme and plan to go into a ChaLean/Turbo Fire hybrid even though I have Insanity sitting in the box waiting for me. Chalene's style is really, really motivating. Best of luck to you!

Totally agree on Chalene...if you are new to exercise, probably start with Turbo Jam. You will get hooked and be able to do TurboFire in no time. And I doubt you will regret it. This is my Week 4 on TurboFire and it is totally changing my body. ChaLean Extreme is mostly weight training and I HIGHLY recommend it. As you probably already saw on here, muscle helps burn off the fat.
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I really like Turbofire which I'm finishing up now. Jillian's DVDs are really good too.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I have joined a gym but some days I am having trouble getting there. I am wanting to do a exercise dvd at home. What do you recommend. I have been looking at Beachbody products, Turbo Jam, Brazil Bull Lift, CharLean, Slim in 6. I am a beginner to exercise. I am out of shape. I weight 157 and want to weigh 135 to 130. I have a little pooch in my stomach and I would LOVE to get rid of. I am looking for pros and cons. Any advice or recommandations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Wow - this is such a personal thing. Can you rent DVDs at your library or thru Netflix? This may help you narrow the field.

You say you want fun ...... my idea of fun (or at least motivating) and others ideas of fun .... are totally different. This is all a matter of personal preference.

There are so many DVD's out there, you should be able to find several that you REALLY like, as opposed to "settling" on something you have to mute. Kelly Coffey Meyers is very motivating (IMO) .... Jillian Michael's is not. Collagevideo.com has reviews & video clips of hundreds of workout DVDs.

Re: Beachbody I've used. Slim is 6 is dull, but effective. Debbie Siebers is professional & motivating. If YOU are motivated this will work. Turbo Jam - I know I'm in the minority here, but BLECH! Chalene is an excellent instructor (Turbo Kick or Turbo Fire must be better than this) - but Turbo Jam is cheesy & the background exercisers are sooo annoying. This should be fairly inexpensive on Amazon. Body Gospel is a BeachBody product I like. Donna Richardson is motivating and fun. This does have religious overtones, but is not over the top or preachy.
  • jwpe
    jwpe Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love any of the Ripped dvd's by Jari Love. But I am not sure they are available in the US.....she is a Canadian.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I love CharLean, Zumba, & Jillian. I've gotten good results from all of these dvd series.