Norcal vs Socal?

Options
13»

Replies

• shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

In SoCal and most of NorCal, you will find it difficult to drive 30 miles in 30 minutes in traffic.
    [/quote]

It would be difficult to drive 30 miles in 30 minutes of TRAFFIC in Anytown, USA. And most of NorCal is a gross exaggeration. In SOME areas of NorCal traffic is an issue. Weather and road conditions make it difficult in SOME areas of NorCal to drive 30 miles in 30 minutes. Where I am, traffic is never an issue.

But you are in Reno, NV.

:flowerforyou:
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have lived in NorCal all my life so its NorCal for me.
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Central Valley, hands down. Born and raised in Sacramento, but have visited SoCal often. I love being able to drive to the beach, or mountains (or go into San Francisco for the day) depending on my mood. (I love farther north though, Eureka/Fortuna/Ferndale. I love that you are near the beach and so close to the mountains.) Also like someone else mentioned, I like that traffic is better up here. As is the weather. (I prefer cool temperatures to sweltering hot temperatures.)
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Stockton, lol, me too.

I lived in LA for 2 years & loved it, but I hated being the only person to say 'hella' & moved back.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    @ Lucky Leprechan...it was 76 degrees up here in early March. :happy:

Poor use of an intended fact given an Globally abnormal winter. Eat that with your latte

WTF?! :angry:

Go away!

Don't hate that I based your argument on a real fact.

The State of California is the 8th Largest economic standard in the world....8th! In 2011, the population of CA was estimated 37.3MM (and that's the Census number not the REAL). This equates to over 11% of the US Population squeezed into ONE State. Texas is the second largest in the Union by population...yet pales in comparison at 25.1MM, yet is roughly 205K Square miles Larger than CA. In SoCal and most of NorCal, you will find it difficult to drive 30 miles in 30 minutes in traffic.

Wow. Someone took their d*head pills this morning.

Please enlighten us as to where you can go a mile a minute in traffic. Being that the speed limit in most of California is 65mph, your definition of "traffic" is interesting, to say the least.

For kicks I looked up a 30 mile route through YOUR fair city. Lemmon Valley-Golden Valley to Lakeview is 34 miles and takes approximately 40 minutes to get there. That's well below your mile-a-minute standard for traffic.

For "fairness" I looked up Emeryville to Hillsborough - 31 miles in 35 minutes. But really it's not a fair comparison: that route includes crossing the Bay Bridge, traversing two different freeways AND driving through a very cosmopolitan, international city.
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    uh...no brainer...so cal is where its at!! we have beaches, mountains, city, desert, all rolled into one compact area!!! Plus the weather is WAY better and might I add the people are gorgeous! LOL!

^^^ THIS!
    Another vote for SoCal -
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

7. People don't drive like complete morons when it rains up here (in SD, a little sprinkle from the sky and you'd think everyone just got their learner's permits).

Lol honey, I don't know what part of Norcal you're driving in but in the bay area, if it rains people turn into morons when driving.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Split the state and there are still FAR TOO MANY ASSHATS in Cali per capita. And to make it worse, y'all procreate more.

I was born in raised in SoCal...spent time in the "NorCal" (I like how y'all came up with that because SoCal was more unique). Needless to say...Cali sucks in general.

-1 now. Thanks.
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    NorCal for sure... not a native, only been in the Bay Area for the decade (SF first, then Hayward, San Mateo and now South City). Yes, as a non-native, "hella" and "hecka" (kids' version) are rather annoying words, but hey... I just don't say them.

Since I'm from somewhere way too hot and humid (South Florida), I LOVE the weather here. Sure, sometimes I wish for a few more warm days, but when they come, I'm happy enough to see them gone. And we get our fair share of beautiful, balmy days.

Here is what I think of when I think of SoCal: Once, someone (friend of a friend) wanted to charge my friend and me to stay on the floor (hardwood) of somewhere she was housesitting. Needless to say we said F that and went to the Ramada Inn... for around the same price. WTF? That would NOT happen in NorCal from my experience. People are pretty cool here.
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    @ Lucky Leprechan...it was 76 degrees up here in early March. :happy:

Poor use of an intended fact given an Globally abnormal winter. Eat that with your latte

WTF?! :angry:

Go away!

Don't hate that I based your argument on a real fact.

The State of California is the 8th Largest economic standard in the world....8th! In 2011, the population of CA was estimated 37.3MM (and that's the Census number not the REAL). This equates to over 11% of the US Population squeezed into ONE State. Texas is the second largest in the Union by population...yet pales in comparison at 25.1MM, yet is roughly 205K Square miles Larger than CA. In SoCal and most of NorCal, you will find it difficult to drive 30 miles in 30 minutes in traffic.

Well I beg to differ. I live near Sacramento and can easily drive to Auburn which is about 25 miles away in about 30 minutes. I have also made the trip from Rancho to Natomas (and that's taking 3 different freeways) during rush hour, which is about 20 miles away, in about 30 minutes.
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options

7. People don't drive like complete morons when it rains up here (in SD, a little sprinkle from the sky and you'd think everyone just got their learner's permits).

Lol honey, I don't know what part of Norcal you're driving in but in the bay area, if it rains people turn into morons when driving.

:laugh: I think everybody drives like morons when it rains anywhere. It's horrible in the capital too. Just yesterday while it was pouring rain I saw some d-bag swerving in and out of lanes on the highway with no turn signal. :explode: