Sad fat kid here

Options

Replies

• rydin_high17
    Options
    I would love to encourage you. I also stress eat!!! I also battle depression.
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    PS:.... Erin Go Braugh
  • mluchies
    mluchies Posts: 26
    Options
    I've been there!!! I grew up a stress eater and still fight temptations but it gets better. I still remember Freshman year of college I gained 27 pounds because of the stress. Senior year of college I went from 180 lbs to 212 (32!) and that was just last year. (9 years in between Freshman and Senior year, it's been a long journey). I got made fun of high school early on because I looked really young, but slowly changed habits and won "most changed" senior year because of my efforts.

Not getting support is hard, but log on here everyday and keep working at it, one meal at a time. Tracking calories is a good start and so is walking. Good luck!
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Looks like you've plenty of offers, but if you looking for another add me :)
  • sjebert
    sjebert Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    In the same boat you are, stress eating and eating because I am bored and not even realizing it. Add me if you would like.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hey, you are taking the first step and that is the biggest step!! You have decided to look at yourself and tell yourself you are worth it and you are!! If you're family doesn't support you then that's ok. That is even more motivation to take care of yourself because no one else will do it. Stress eating is the biggest hurdle for me. Make sure you supply yourself with good healthy snacks to turn to and try to journal when you are tempted to do it or if you do it. You may be able to figure out triggers. Good luck and you can totally do this.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Ill be your friend!
  • cbuzzy
    cbuzzy Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm starting a new day today. We can only take baby steps one day at a time. Don't do what I have done.I'm now 53 with personal proplems, take control now, and if you fall just say to your self hay what am I trying to do for my self. 5 min. before you close your eyes say to your self I'm am some body, and I'm good. No matter what your day was like. Only you can help your self you are worth it....
  • herillusion
    herillusion Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    request sent
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Request sent. Don't be sad.

sadPanda.jpg
  • s3fields
    s3fields Posts: 2
    Options
    Well now ya got me! : ) My sister and daughter are starting today, We can all do it together. My best stress technique is to get out and move or start writing something that redirects my attention.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    Sure add me, hopefully I can be some support
  • mrssmith422
    Options
    Stay positive, make small efforts everyday for a form of exercise even if it is arm and leg exercises on the floor watching tv.If you have a smart phone use it to your advantage!!! The moble app for my fitness pal is awesome, I also use skimble workout trainer and love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are thousands of workouts at differednt intensity levels and lengths! You can do it!!!!!:wink:
  • DIANEB2
    DIANEB2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You have a friend here one Irishman to another will be your FP to help support you on your journel :smile:
  • jennibell81
    Options
    I'm new on MFP too! Just started a week ago...You can add me as well!! :happy:
  • msmorgiep
    Options
    I could use a friend.
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Turn that stress eating into stress walking, or stress push ups! And...feel free to add me!
  • revadiana
    revadiana Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    request sent :-)
  • shamdi
    shamdi Posts: 9
    Options
    I've just started here myself. I'll add you :)
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    add me