Quit soda

Options
I took a break from drinking soda. Started in early February. I don't feel any different. Was thinking maybe I'd feel healthier. Has anyone quit drinking soda and actually felt different?

Replies

• laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    The only soda I drink is the one in Americano cocktail..
    But since I stopped drinking coca cola and fizzy drinks I feel more light :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I quit back in Dec. 2009 when I found out I had diabetes type II. didn't miss it one bit. About a 4-5 months later I had a sip by accident and immediately got this brain freeze like feeling. felt dizzy and not good. don't drink it anymore.
  • cutiepie590
    Options
    Yes, I have felt different and no bloating. Years ago when I started losing weight omitting soda was a big factor.
  • marinkeys
    Options
    Diet Soda I love, I have quit it many times to lose weight but I can't tell the differents either. I only had one a day ever.
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    Not really different, but over a short period of time, I saw a decrease in my stomache from the drop of all the sugars that are in them. Now if I have a small amount of soda, they taste too sweet to me.
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    I still drink it, because i do whatever the f**k i want =D
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any pop in about 4 months and I feel much better without it. It used to make me feel bloated and sluggish. I don't miss drinking pop at all.
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I started my journey on Jan. 1. At first I purchased the little 7 oz coke cans. Because I thought there was no way I cld do without totally. I thought I'd suffer those caffeine headaches...well after about 2 weeks I decided to give it a whirl and give it up. I succeeded! I haven't had soda in about 2 months I think. I feel great. Hardly ever bloated. My skin is clearer. I just feel healthier...of course diet and exercise helps too ;)
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I used to drink only diet soda all day long, now I have 1 diet soda a day and drink water the rest of the day. Can't explain how so maybe it's mental but I feel better.
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i quit drinking soda and my constant heartburn has went away! it seriously felt like diet coke was eating my insides sometimes lol.... but i feel way better since switching to just water and unsweetened ice tea. and it has helped on the scale as well :)
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I was soda free from Jan 1 2008 to Dec 31 2010 and picked it back up for all of 2011. There was a difference. I felt bloated and had headaches all the time. I quit this year Jan 1 and haven't had any since. I don't get headaches anymore and am not bloated either. I also noticed that I don't have bad breath and my teeth are no longer pepsi stained. It took about 2 weeks to notice a difference. But everyone is different and you may not notice anything for a while.
  • Hernandezedw
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I noticed people have clearer skin when they drink more water. Not really sure if it's because of drinking less soda though. I also didn't realize soda stains your teeth. My original plan was to quit for February. Then I extended it through Lent. Now, maybe I can keep it out of my life. We shall see.
  • aimeelee76
    aimeelee76 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any pop in about 4 months and I feel much better without it. It used to make me feel bloated and sluggish. I don't miss drinking pop at all.

Same here... bloated and sluggish. Feel much better not drinking it. However, I still drink one occasionally, but only one.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I took a break from drinking soda. Started in early February. I don't feel any different. Was thinking maybe I'd feel healthier. Has anyone quit drinking soda and actually felt different?

I felt no different and lost no weight. So now I drink it again. :drinker:

ETA: I should clarify that was DIET soda. You'd probably drop some weight if it were sugary soda.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I used to always drink diet soda. A lot of it too. I haven't had a soda in at least 10-12 months maybe? Maybe even just a bit longer possibly. I had one in the fridge a long time ago that sat and sat and it expired before it was ever drank, so that should tell you something.

I was quite literally addicted to diet soda I think. I always drank so much my stomach felt full and bloated but I kept on drinking it. Also I always seemed to crave sweet stuff when drinking it, probably which lead me to drink more and more of it. :wink:

I truly do feel much better not drinking pop anymore. But maybe it's just a mind set, I don't know?
  • playdohpoet17
    Options
    I quit in January and didn't immediately feel different. However, now that I am drinking more tea and water to replace the fluid intake I lost when I quit the soda, I find I'm drinking more fluids now and feel better as I'm better hydrated. I'm sure everyone's body reacts differently based on lots of factors, including how much soda they drank before they quit. Hope you find a method that works for you.
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    Ive never been a big soda drinker, but you should know if nothing else it's good for your health. You're insides are thanking you. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Ive never been a big soda drinker, but you should know if nothing else it's good for your health. You're insides are thanking you. :)
    No proof of that. I built this body on diet soda..................................and eating meat (had to throw that in for the vegan crowd today).

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    No proof of that. I built this body on diet soda..................................and eating meat (had to throw that in for the vegan crowd today).

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Ditto.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I noticed people have clearer skin when they drink more water. Not really sure if it's because of drinking less soda though. I also didn't realize soda stains your teeth. My original plan was to quit for February. Then I extended it through Lent. Now, maybe I can keep it out of my life. We shall see.
    It only stains your teeth if you have poor dental hygiene. If you brush your teeth, it's not really a concern.