Sugar in Fruit

Options
I love eating all kinds of fruit but find that it makes me go quite a bit over my sugar allowance. Will this slow my weight loss down. Also, has anyone found any low sugar yoghurts that taste o.k?

Replies

• blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    From things I've read regarding sugar, naturally occurring sugars in fruit and dairy products aren't the ones that we have to worry about .... it's the 'added' sugars such as high fructose corn syrup, molasses, cane sugar, syrup, honey and fruit juice concentrates in processed foods that are the culprits.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/479153-the-normal-amount-of-sugar-to-consume/
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    From things I've read regarding sugar, naturally occurring sugars in fruit and dairy products aren't the ones that we have to worry about .... it's the 'added' sugars such as high fructose corn syrup, molasses, cane sugar, syrup, honey and fruit juice concentrates in processed foods that are the culprits.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/479153-the-normal-amount-of-sugar-to-consume/

Agreed.

I think it's the general consensus around here that anything from fruit is considered a "natural" sugar, therefore, it's not a big deal if it's coming from natural, plant derived sources.
  • antihillmoby
    antihillmoby Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • sarvissa
    sarvissa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The only lower sugar yogurts I've found are greek yogurt. I buy just plain, then add a handfull of berries to it.
  • antihillmoby
    antihillmoby Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Good idea, will do, thanks :)
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options

this is correct! :o)