Ladies- can you walk in heels?

Options

Replies

• LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    Practice, practice, practice!!!

I :heart: wearing heels. I feel super sexy and they make me stand out ( I am 5'8" barefoot).
    It does take some getting used to, but with time you will be a sexy heel strutting queen!

YUM:

15CM-fine-performances-sexy-heels-shoes-ultra-15_3008193_0.jpg

Also wearing platforms gives you the illusion of a higher heel but really its about a 3-4" heel. The platform at the toe is key . Go try on some !

With the right size and style any heel can be worn comfortably :happy:
  • jankleberry
    jankleberry Posts: 508
    Options
    I would love love love to wear heals but any time I get a pair I think are comfortable and go out in them I regret it withinin 15mins.

My feet just get so sore, mainly the ball of my foot. :(
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Practice, but keep your legs strong and your calves stretched out enough to allow you to wear other shoe styles.

I wore heels daily, for years, when I was in the military. I finally quit when I had a job requiring me to walk up and down a long hill a couple of times a day. I overcame my vanity and learned to appreciate lower heels. Now, I only wear heals for dress-up occasions.

My 90-year-old mother-in-law has worn only heels all of her adult life. At this point, she is unable to walk without at least 2-inch heels. That poses a huge problem when trying to purchase slippers to wear around the house. Finding nylon stockings made to be worn with garter belts is another challenge. The last ones I found were on a website I think was directed at "women-of-the-night." I can only hope high-heel slippers and old-time stockings make a come-back before she needs more. That could happen. I never thought the hip-hugger, bell-bottomed slacks I loved in the early 70's would be back, but I'm wearing them again.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    supermodel-finds-it-hard-to-walk-in-high-heels.gif
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I love heels!!! Platform heels preferably... They give you more balance and support for your feet more than stiletto's do... I also love wedges... I can walk, strut, and run in heels :wink:
  • Tasha_uk
    Tasha_uk Posts: 70
    Options

pmsl
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Yes, like Bambi on ice! = D SO Very slowly and Very carefully!
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Yes... I :heart: my heels. I can dance, run, walk, and even jump rope in them!!! (Okay, I only jumped rope in them once or twice. :blushing: ) :laugh:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I can walk in heals :laugh: *ducks and runs for cover from losing my man card.

I sold ladies shoes for about 7 years, 4 of those at Nordstrom. I tried a few on :smokin:
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I wear size 12 MENS shoes, so I don't often wear heels. I am incredibly awkward and hubby always teases me, but he does enjoy them in the bedroom. :blushing: I don't have to walk very far if we're in the bedroom!
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I got a lot of ridiculous "deal breakers" when it comes to women but if u a grown a@@ woman I need to see you in some 4 inch "keep em ons" 90% of the time we go out . I don't like that flip flops in the car thing but it seems to be coming a norm...NBA
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options

THAT is hysterical!
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options

THAT is hysterical!

It seriously looks like she broke something!
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    My husband thinks women in heels look ridiculous. He equates them to the old Chinese foot-binding. Thank goodness, so I never feel a need to wear 'em. I've been to some very fancy dress-up events with flat, or nearly flat, shoes and, by the end of the night when many women are dancing barefoot because their feet hurt, I'm still comfy in my shoes. Many times, women have told me that they wished they had my shoes on instead. It's easy to find sexy sandals or pointy-toed skimmers that look a bit sexy without having to suffer in a heel.

Besides, when the zombie apocalypse starts, I wanna be ready to run. I tend to live in my Vibrams these days.

We're friends with several doctors (podiatrist, orthopedic surgeon, and a couple of chiropractors) that say that women who wear high heels a lot, especially the super-high ones, are some of their best customers.
  • allybay
    allybay Posts: 17
    Options
    Practice! and I find it easier to walk in heels that has a thicker base..maybe you can try that..theyre comfy too..
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to, but now, thanks to running, my knee is screwed and I can barely walk barefoot
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Can I walk in heels? Yes.
    Do I like to? Not at all.
  • leahalissa
    leahalissa Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I wear up to 6" platform stilettos. I just don't give a ****. Amazon pride.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Currently? No. But my weight has a lot to do with it. I can't wear very high heels right now because all of that pressure on the ball of my foot kills me.
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I wish I could wear them more, but with a 5'10" fiance and me being 5'8", he has.....issues.... with my height in heels. Some days I just tell him to suck it up and deal, because I loooooove them.
    But damn, do you know how hard it is to find a cute, NICE heel in a size 11? The last time I googled "size 11 heels", I got cross dressing websites. FAIL.
    I do however, lust for these babies:

ZIF035_MAIN_LG.jpg