Replies

• Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    haha, NOPE. I will twist my ankle a full 360 degrees if I tried. :s
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    i don't just walk in heels...I STRUT and rock the ish out of them. I have honestly been wearing heels since I was a young teen, practice does make perfect and you feel fantastic in them. However, don't do it if its not your thing or comfort level...it looks awful when someone is teetering on them.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    As a long time hi heel wearer - my advice: Start with 2 inch and work up. Walk normal (just like with flats) don't do the prance toe or flat foot step, looks stupid. Stay away from the really high ones except for short time frames (like a party or something). Make sure you don't wear them all the time, you don't want to ruin your knees and feet and lower back. Also, be sure to do lots of calf stretches so you don't shorten/tighent the muscles in your lower leg too much. And if they hurt - get rid of them..
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I walk at least a mile in heels almost every day. Sometimes more.

That's gotta be good for my feet, right? :ohwell:
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Christian-Louboutin-Daffodile-Glitter-Platform-Pumps-Spring-Summer-2011-Collection.jpg

Those would be mine if I had money to burn!
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I love wearing heels! I prefer 4"+ but I don't wear them on the daily. I'm 5'7" and my fiance is 5'9" but luckily he doesn't have a problem with me wearing tall heels. In fact, he encourages it. He thinks it's hot when I wear 6" platforms. Just make sure they fit properly (I have narrow heels so I need heel grippers in all of my pumps) and practice! You'll get the hang of it.
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Love heels!! I am 5'11 and love my 5 to 6 inch heels and yes, I can run in those mofos..haha. I just bought 2 pairs this morning too!! Yeah ME!!!!....lol

Wish I had your confidence! I am 5'11" as well and feel like a giant in my heels! My awesome girlfriends make me feel sexy in them, so I usually wear them out on girls nights, but I rarely wear them anywhere else.
    Maybe that is something I should be working on.

Yeah YOU is right! :)
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 8inch and I rock 6inch heels baby!!! love em love em love em!
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Let's face it, I am an old lady! But I have never worn heels higher than about 2", and now only have a pair of 1 1/2" court shoes for parties... the rest of the time I wear flats. I'm not sure what heels do to your toes, and what strain they put on knees - they cannot be good for you! Except that they make you feel good about yourself and add confidence and height!
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I ♥ heels.

Can I walk in them... ehhh.. so so. Most of them are just for looking at when my feet are over my head.

Love this!! Lol!!! I love heels too, but I am pretty good at walking in them. I can injure myself in flats just as much as heels being a little on the clutzy side! I have 5.5 heels and want higher, but I am only 5'1.75"!!
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I love wearing heels. Makes me feel not so short (I'm 5'4") and they make your legs look great. Just put them on and walk around them in the house so you can get comfortable in them. In my opinion, the trick is to keep your back/hips neutral and try NOT to keep your knees locked.. Keep them slightly loose. Stand up straight and LOOK confident. If you walk stiff-legged, it will make you look like you're uncomfortable.
  • tiamaria3
    tiamaria3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU LADIES BUT US MEN SEEM TO HAVE IT DOWN PACKED

3922824547_2a255ffbb1.jpg

lol,smh :noway:
  • newmrswood
    newmrswood Posts: 194
    Options
    I LOVE HEELS! I'm 5'0" so I started walking in them my freshman year of high school. My hubby on the other hand doesn't like me in heels, even though he's a head taller then me. I mostly wear flats though because I'm not allowed to wear heels at work :(
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Didn't read everyone's reply yet...so someone may have suggested this...but platforms make it MUCH easier...or try wedges they kinda stabilize you better...
  • McKristy
    McKristy Posts: 53
    Options
    Christian-Louboutin-Daffodile-Glitter-Platform-Pumps-Spring-Summer-2011-Collection.jpg

siiiiiiiiiiigh
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yep! I love em. I don't get to wear them much anymore. I work in retail (8 hours on my feet - no thanks!) and rarely get to go out. Sad.
  • KorynG
    KorynG Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes, I abolutely LOVE heels!! :-) Preferrably platform 5-6 inch heels, to be exact! I can walk, dance, run, etc. in them. I actually have more difficulty walking in flats than I would wearing heels. Weird, I know. Lol.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I wear heels all the time, but my dad had me practicing daily in them when I was 10. You do need to learn to walk properly in them or you lose all of the sexiness they can give you.

**Public Service Announcement - It is not cute to wear heels when you walk in them like you walk in your flip-flops!

Why did your dad have you practicing in heels daily when you were 10???
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options

siiiiiiiiiiigh

They look like great CFM shoes!