The best kind of Stevia

Options
I have Truvia and BetterStevia Balance, and I hate both. Is there any type of Stevia that DOESN'T taste absolutely horrible? Basically I'm trying to cut out or at least cut down on sugar, and what I'm looking for is something to put in my coffee in the morning. Is there any sweetener that tastes decent and does not contain aspartame, or am I out of luck?

Replies

• MNHoliday
    MNHoliday Posts: 20
    Options
    Drop of milk or go with it black... I have completely weened myself off of sugar... you get used to it.
  • LavenderChamomile
    Options
    Drop of milk or go with it black... I have completely weened myself off of sugar... you get used to it.

I drink it with milk, and I'm down to 1 or 2 teaspoons when I resort to using sugar. But I don't think I could get used to it black.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I cut out added sugar - but I was having a discussion with a friend just the other day about Stevia and I mentioned I had a small bottle of powder to try it out a few months ago and found it NASTY...she said she uses liquid and it doesn't have the aftertaste...I haven't tried it - but...maybe try a liquid version...

Personally if the rest of your diet is fairly clean and you are talking about a cup a day then go for real sugar...I am on a strict clean for 30 days but prior to that I allowed myself flavored creamer in my morning coffee...I have switched to low fat coconut milk in my coffee (the type in the can and I do the low fat because it won't solidify in the fridge during the week) - and while I deal with it it isn't the same...I will say after almost 30 days I am *almost* used to it...but once my strict is over I will probably plan on having a cup with a tablespoon of flavored creamer or vanilla almond milk here and there - not daily but maybe 2-3 x's per week...
  • LavenderChamomile
    Options
    I cut out added sugar - but I was having a discussion with a friend just the other day about Stevia and I mentioned I had a small bottle of powder to try it out a few months ago and found it NASTY...she said she uses liquid and it doesn't have the aftertaste...I haven't tried it - but...maybe try a liquid version...

Personally if the rest of your diet is fairly clean and you are talking about a cup a day then go for real sugar...I am on a strict clean for 30 days but prior to that I allowed myself flavored creamer in my morning coffee...I have switched to low fat coconut milk in my coffee (the type in the can and I do the low fat because it won't solidify in the fridge during the week) - and while I deal with it it isn't the same...I will say after almost 30 days I am *almost* used to it...but once my strict is over I will probably plan on having a cup with a tablespoon of flavored creamer or vanilla almond milk here and there - not daily but maybe 2-3 x's per week...

Alright, thanks. I have heard the liquid Stevia is better but I don't just want to keep buying different types of Stevia and hating them and buying another one, etc...hahaha. So I wanted to get some more opinions.

I agree with you, and I do try to keep my diet clean. I just don't like starting the day off with sugar like that...haha I don't know if there's actually any facts behind that, but I feel like it's worse if you have sugar first thing in the morning.
  • mer_mer
    mer_mer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use Sweet Leaf Stevia it's powdered. I bought it at Rite Aid for 3 dollars. Today is my 4th day using it and I am getting used to it. I went from drinking coffee with creamer and splenda to black coffee with sweetleaf stevia. Its not as bad as I thought it would be. Hopefully this helps. Good Luck on your search...
  • MNHoliday
    MNHoliday Posts: 20
    Options
    Hmm.. coconut milk sounds like that might be good. But it's in a can, how do you store it after opening?
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. coconut milk sounds like that might be good. But it's in a can, how do you store it after opening?

I pour it in a glass container - I use the lite one since it will stay liquid in the fridge vs the full fat one - I have used the full fat before and just sort of let it dissolve but to me it creates a film on top if you aren't consistantly drinking it....I will say I like using the Trader Joe lite version better than the Taste of Thai version