Ladies- can you walk in heels?

Options

Replies

• ejoy319
    ejoy319 Posts: 104
    Options
    I love the way they look, but they hurt my feet too much!! Got some wedges... will start with baby steps!!
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I walk at least a mile in heels almost every day. Sometimes more.

That's gotta be good for my feet, right? :ohwell:

Not so much for your feet, but it's great for your butt!! LOL I wear 3-4" heels every day to work and run up and down 4 flights of stairs in them... no problem. Love the way I look and feel in heels. I am 5'5" and with the heels tower over most of the women I work with. It's a bit of a power trip to have everyone looking up at you. :bigsmile:
  • lulu_1
    lulu_1 Posts: 100
    Options
    I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU LADIES BUT US MEN SEEM TO HAVE IT DOWN PACKED

3922824547_2a255ffbb1.jpg

You just made my day in that picture. By the way love the heels :):laugh:
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I wear up to 6" platform stilettos. I just don't give a ****. Amazon pride.

I am 5'9" as well and love 6" heels. I feel statuesque in them!
  • jedibunny
    jedibunny Posts: 321
    Options

Besides, when the zombie apocalypse starts, I wanna be ready to run.

I just made a new friend.
  • nutrientnatalie
    Options
    I love heels! I'm 5'7" and I still walk around in 5 inch heels sometimes. As long as they're comfortable (And it is possible to find comfortable heels) then I love it!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I walk two miles in heels every day! Sometimes more! I have high arches so they're more comfortable than flats, though there is a limit to how high I can go. If you're not comfortable in heels, or you have to practice in order to not fall over in them, you probably don't have the right kind of feet/legs for them. Or you're picking ones that are just too high.

My problem is shoes with backs that end just above the heel-- most pumps, sneakers, and ballet flats fall into this category. They rub and rub against my ankle until it's raw and bleeding. Does anyone else have this problem? Usually I just stick with boots and shoes that don't have backs.

I don't think anyone replied to this or maybe it got lost in the thread. Surely I'm not the only one who can't wear shoes with backs? I'd love to find a solution to this problem-- it rules out a lot a shoes!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    No.
    or at least, not very well, from what I'm told.

But yet for some reason, I own 36 pairs of heels.

I'm also 5'7", my guy is 6'. I always feel funny if I'm almost as tall as him...

HOWEVER! He said once I do finally learn how to properly walk in them, he'll buy me a pair of these bad boys:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTakbs-KOp8XJfNn98NGywYFdkCbG_7y9Gx-qxcAPXbWmnrIr9a
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I can dance in em too. When you're 5'1, there isn't any other way to walk....
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Yea i can walk around in heels! Only when im sober tho, when I've had a few too many drinks, i tend to take my heels off stick 'em in my bag and walk around barefoot :laugh: I'm really tall in heels though, like over 6ft:blushing: sooo I dont wear them often!
  • CandaceyD
    CandaceyD Posts: 74
    Options
    I can. But working at home and no social life =no chance to wear them. I was so happy to wear them at a concert a few weeks ago! Sad.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I can, I just feel silly in them. I mean, I have NO WHERE to wear 4" stilettos... :( It'd look crazy to wear them to WalMart.
  • CandaceyD
    CandaceyD Posts: 74
    Options
    I can, I just feel silly in them. I mean, I have NO WHERE to wear 4" stilettos... :( It'd look crazy to wear them to WalMart.

Exactly!! Unless you go at 3am when all the weirdos are out anyway,it's not going to work.
  • BlitzClipz
    BlitzClipz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I wear heels all the time. They have to have at least a 4" heel, and even as much as 6. I own like 4 pairs of flat shoes and about 60 pairs of heels lol. I'm really good at walking in all types of heels since I do it so often.
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I used to love wearing heels, for work , going out to dinners, dancing whatever! But now, being a new mama, I dont find them very practical. Im hoping to get back into it because they make u feel hot and tall, cuz im only 5'6 !
  • Neigh2012
    Neigh2012 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and LOVE my heels! I naturally walk on my toes, so it's just easier for me to walk in heels. I own anything from 3" to 8" heels, light up stripper heels too. Can run in most of them too if needed.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Barely. I stick with flip-flops and bare feet as often as I can. Heels make tree-climbing so difficult.
  • kshane3355
    Options
    I wear heels 5 days a week. The MOST IMPORTANT thing you can do is to make sure that they're comfortable and supportive. And be sure to give your feet a break when you can. Heels can be bad for your feet. "Cute" comes after that... And once you find your perfect shoe (for me, I can always rely on a Nine West 8-1/2M), then get them in every color!
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Not only can I walk in heels, I can downright run in them.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I've found that the heels MUST fit properly to be comfortable to walk in... too sloppy a fit and I feel unstable.

Also... it's HEEL - TOE... not tippy toe. Let the hips swing a bit. Feel the sexy.

I can run in my heels, they fit so well.