Not Trying

Options
2»

Replies

• British_Flava
    Options
    You can do anything that you put your mind to. It is all in the state of mind......I have been dieting all my life and I still struggle to get slim & healthy. I just have to train my mind and I know I can do this too. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR JOURNEY!!! :-)
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels! Go for it!

I will be so happy when people quit saying that. I think it rubs me the wrong way because its origin is very negative.

This crap:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2024237/Kate-Moss-pro-anorexia-tastes-good-skinny-feels-T-shirt-banned.html

I didn't know the origin, but have never liked that saying either. I think it has very negative connotations about food in general. Your body needs food to survive and there is nothing wrong with enjoying eating food.
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options

I will be so happy when people quit saying that. I think it rubs me the wrong way because its origin is very negative.

This crap:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2024237/Kate-Moss-pro-anorexia-tastes-good-skinny-feels-T-shirt-banned.html

Amen. I eat more now that I'm trying to be healthy, and I haven't deprived myself of a damn thing. Heck, I feel like I eat all of the time. Almonds here, yogurt there, a sandwich for lunch, half a dark chocolate bar once in a while... I'm sick of eating.

The difference is to make more wise food choices, and to get moving. Not to eat nothing and waste away.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    "Do or do not. There is no try."

- Master Yoda to Luke Skywalker on Degoba

Someone didn't read all the comments :P Either that or my lack of descriptive detail was unacceptable! :O
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

This crap:

Amen. I eat more now that I'm trying to be healthy, and I haven't deprived myself of a damn thing. Heck, I feel like I eat all of the time. Almonds here, yogurt there, a sandwich for lunch, half a dark chocolate bar once in a while... I'm sick of eating.

The difference is to make more wise food choices, and to get moving. Not to eat nothing and waste away.

I agree, we all need to take care of our bodies so we can be healthy. Skinny is what little girls chase, healthy is what grown women chase.

I think a lot of people who use that quote don't see a negative side to it, but I wanted to post the link so people know and understand the negativity behind it.
  • carolinamcgraw
    Options
  • carolinamcgraw
    Options
    love it!!! very true!!!
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options

This crap:

I agree, we all need to take care of our bodies so we can be healthy. Skinny is what little girls chase, healthy is what grown women chase.

I think a lot of people who use that quote don't see a negative side to it, but I wanted to post the link so people know and understand the negativity behind it.

I'm glad you did. Statements like this are insulting to me because even if I lose every bit of extra fat on my body, the way I'm built will keep me from ever looking "skinny" in society's eyes. That was part of my problem in the first place, not knowing that thick doesn't always mean unhealthy, or even overweight. It was this mentality that trapped me when I was at my healthy weight in high school, and sent me down the path of anorexia, bulimia, and binge problems.

Surely I'm not the only one?

I think mostly it's ladies that carry this mentality, and they are the harshest critics for people like myself. Healthy over skinny any day, thank you very much!!