Anyone else ever...

Does anyone else ever decide to eat whatever you want as long as you work it off? Today I wasn't hungry but I was sooooo bored at my office I couldn't stand it. Everyone is ALWAYS eating here as well. So I had a veggie burger from the cafeteria although I wasn't hungry just bored. So that means I have to do 95 minutes of cardio and I'm including the time it takes to walk to my car and back a few times since I was running late so I parked at a metered spot and have to keep feeding it lol. I'm going to start parking a few blocks away once the weather warms some as well. So that is what I have been doing a LOT. I don't fret if I go over the cals I just work out longer. I just hope I don't get into my psycho fitness freak mode again lol where I ate whatever I wanted 5-8 meals a day and just worked it off 3 times a day. I always ate pretty healthy though just as much as I wanted. On the upside the extended workouts I can see my abs starting to peak out and I'm getting that cut in my biceps and triceps and my legs are firming. I'm going to weigh and measure on Monday I think. I'm going to try to do 3 workouts Saturday and Sunday (cardio, weight, combo)

Replies

• Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Does anyone else ever decide to eat whatever you want as long as you work it off? Today I wasn't hungry but I was sooooo bored at my office I couldn't stand it. Everyone is ALWAYS eating here as well. So I had a veggie burger from the cafeteria although I wasn't hungry just bored. So that means I have to do 95 minutes of cardio and I'm including the time it takes to walk to my car and back a few times since I was running late so I parked at a metered spot and have to keep feeding it lol. I'm going to start parking a few blocks away once the weather warms some as well. So that is what I have been doing a LOT. I don't fret if I go over the cals I just work out longer. I just hope I don't get into my psycho fitness freak mode again lol where I ate whatever I wanted 5-8 meals a day and just worked it off 3 times a day. I always ate pretty healthy though just as much as I wanted. On the upside the extended workouts I can see my abs starting to peak out and I'm getting that cut in my biceps and triceps and my legs are firming. I'm going to weigh and measure on Monday I think. I'm going to try to do 3 workouts Saturday and Sunday (cardio, weight, combo)
  • 1347debba
    1347debba Posts: 23
    Oh yes, many times. I found a way to help with that ,beef jerky , barely any fat and low carbs. I make my own at home and keep a bag of it in my purse. When I have those days to eat it all and anything, I just chew on jerky and the urge goes away.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Yeah, I will especially do an extra workout when I know I'm gonna be somewhere with lots of food, like b-day parties, weddings or just a night out with friends. So if I know before hand that a certain day will include lots of yummy food I definitely amp up my workouts or extend it!
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Lol awesome! Is their a veggie alternative to the jerky trick? Sounds lot a great idea. Today I had a salad but since I have my little one at work with me today ( I know lucky me, they understand emergencies) I just nibbled on it slowly and now it's almost time to go home! I'm like dang I bet this would totally work other days. I never felt full or hundgry cause it was a few bites here and there and I sipped less than 1/2 a diet green tea.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    There are a few issues here that really need to be addressed....

First, you're eating out of boredom. Not only is this a poor mental habit to get into because it can lead to overeating and emotional eating, but it will make this lifestyle change very difficult. If you're bored, go for a walk, make a phone call, read something interesting. Find other ways to amuse yourself besides eating so that you can separate physical needs and mental/emotional needs.

Second, you're trying to justify these habits by doing extra work, which can become a case of exercise bulimia if it becomes chronic. It's okay to work hard so you can eat a healthy amount of calories to feel satisfied and maintain muscle mass. It's not okay to eat when you're full and then make up for it in the gym because it can become a binge/purge cycle.