Last Pounds, No Motivation

Options
So... I have been just floating these past two weeks. Only logging half my days (using the estimates for dinner but not actually plugging them in,) and not going to the gym. Like, at all. No exercise besides whatever I do at work (pretty physical job but still...) I am not losing weight. I am not surprised, or disappointed. I am also not gaining so that is good.

Is this happening to anyone else? I still am not where I want to be body-wise but I do feel much better than I used to. It's just now that I'm down to the 10-15lbs to go mark it doesn't seem AS important so it doesn't get AS MUCH of my attention. But I really do want to lose the rest of the weight.

I know that this final push really has to come from within, but is anyone else out there almost done and feeling like you're putting the last bit on the back burner?

Replies

• KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    Not exactly, I'm still trying really hard but not getting anywhere! Logging everything, gym everyday pretty much and no change. its frustrating!!! :explode:
  • sjdoman
    sjdoman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yes I did the same thing. I was within 5 lbs of my goal last year and lost whatever it was driving me to stay on track. I quit logging the last six months of last year then for new years tried to get back on board. I'm still struggling to stay motivated but about a week ago I kinda on a whim decided to enter a 5k in April so thats my new driving force. I needed a tangible goal to work on rather than a scale goal.
    Good luck.
  • achiever091011
    Options
    I was having, and to some extent still am having, a similar issue finding the motivation to lose <9 lbs. I have attributed it to several reasons: 1) a whole lot of "work" for not as big a drop on the scale with each weigh in; 2) having lower daily calorie budget means not a lot of treats; 3) monotony from being on the journey for an extended period, the same exercising, the tracking, ...; 4) not being as put off with my physical appearance as I was previously; being "ok" with where I am now even though I am not as content as I would be at goal weight, because I know I am increasing my fitness everyday.

So, I took a conscious break from the routine for almost 2 weeks. My only aim was to maintain my weight. I continued to track my food, but I wasn't as strict about meeting the weight loss calorie budget. Of course, everyday I worried somewhat that by not continuing the plan as I was before I would lose all that hard work, but I stayed on the break until I was mentally ready to go "all-in" again. For me, the result was that when I started again I felt "good" and committed to continuing. And because I actively decided to take that break, I wasn't beating myself up too much about having an awesome meal or not exercising. I was pleased to see at my next weigh-in that I had maintained my weight (actually down 0.2 lbs).

I shared this because I think you might benefit more by choosing to do something like this, than fixating everyday on why you aren't as motivated to get those last pesky pounds off, which could be leading to subtle self-sabotage. We didn't gain this weight overnight. We don't want to lose it quickly only to bounce back quickly. It's about gaining and maintaining our mental and physical health. Let's not forget they go in tandem. :-)