Beginner/intermediate runners? Would love some buddies

Options
KF1216
KF1216 Posts: 175 Member
Hey all! I'd love to make connections with some fellow runners! I've been running regularly since Jan12, and now run 3-4x week for 2-3 miles a run. I am really getting into it & would love to be friends:)

Replies

• Anke861
    Anke861 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    where abouts are you from?
  • KF1216
    KF1216 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm in Vermont..though I meant mfp friends, not irl buddy:) unless three just happens to be done northern vermonters who need a friend;)
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just started running (like this week) and want to work up to doing a 5K. Feel free to add me, fellow newbie runners :)
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me :)
  • JohnFox27thCentury
    Options
    Hey you can add me, I've been running MOST my life,...and dont plan on stopping anytime soon lol.:smile:
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I am just starting to get back into it too. Did a few runs many moons ago and would love to take part in a few again. I once did a half marathon (very slowly) but I would be happy to be able to do a 10k comfortably now (I found finding time to train for the half marathon difficult at the time and I didn't have kids so I doubt that I be able to find the time now).

I started back in January with the C25K but am redoing it again now (a more advanced version of it) to see if I can improve before moving onto 8k.

Feel free to add me!
  • Sarabeth5
    Sarabeth5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I'm trianing for my 1st half marathon in may. A year ago I couldn't run 1 minute without feeling like I was dying.
  • tkilinski
    tkilinski Posts: 14
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request. I'm not a runner but I plan to be...lol! Me and my son are actually gonna go running today. We'll see how well that goes :)
  • janinebudgell
    janinebudgell Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm a beginner at everything here, as I just joined this site...I have a goal to loose 30lbs and I want to incorporate running into my life! I just started back at running on Feb 20th, only 3 weeks ago. I am running 2.5 miles at lunch twice a week and would love to increase that without dying LOL

Add me if you want someone to chat too :)
  • virgogirl916
    virgogirl916 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request. I also run, but I do other workouts, too. I usually run on the weekends.
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You can add me too :) I finally got past the shin splints phase and now I really enjoy running, and my endurance has increased significantly. I plan on doing a 10k at the end of April
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I run and incorporate other exercising. I am running a 1/2 marathon trail run this weekend.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I still consider myself a beginning runner. I've been running for about a year and while I've done several events (5k's and a half marathon) I'm super slow.
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    you can add me. Ive been running for a few months but i have a terrible shin splint so I've been doing mostly elliptical these days. sucks...but i am hoping to do a 5K next month somehow.
  • JenSkinLaPierre
    JenSkinLaPierre Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been running for five years and recovering from a broken foot from a 1/2 marathon I did last weekend. I'm sidelined for 6 weeks, but can't wait ti get back on the trail ASAP.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    As fat as i am, im a runner and i love it. I cant imagine my life with out running.
  • momof3boys090808
    momof3boys090808 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    What is the best way to begin running? I run for 2 mins and I'm done ;) I want to start slow and do it right. Feel free to add me if you want :):) anyone else can to. Momof3boys090808