Arm Workouts

Options
I have 2.5 months till my wedding and I hate my arms, like I hate them with a passion, I am wearing a strapless dress for my wedding and I would like to tone them.... I have 3 lb hand weights I can use at home, and I do not at this time have a gym membership, does anyone have ideas on exercises I can do at home to tone my arms ?

Replies

• ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Push ups and tricep dips are my suggestions. Lots and lots of them!
  • SUPERhecticMOM
    SUPERhecticMOM Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I read once in a magazine that you could tone arms by lifting a 2L bottle from in front of your chest up and over your head in smooth steady swings in 3 x sets of 12 several times through out the day (or during commercials while watching tv etc)
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You can never go wrong with pushups ;)
  • maryjopatricia
    maryjopatricia Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Use a sturdy chair for tricep dips. Add in push ups :wink:
    good luck ~ you will be beautiful on your wedding day!
  • SUPERhecticMOM
    SUPERhecticMOM Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    you could also use the 2L bottle to biceps/triceps curls
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Go get some 10 lbs handweights and do shoulder raises, bicep curls, and use a chair for dips. Heavier weight will force your muscle to condition.
  • margaretmillen
    Options
    Try the FGF Ultimate upper body workout on youtube here's a link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfZCvyPWksk
    and use your 3lbs handwieghts instead of the balls that they use (I use 5 lbs handwieghts for most of it and switch to 2.5 lbs handwieghts if my arms are too tired)
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Push ups and tricep dips are my suggestions. Lots and lots of them!
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Heavier weights! Plank pose - google 30 day plank challenge - it's great for arms, shoulders, and abs for sure. Pushups if you can do them, even do them on your knees if you can't, and downward facing dog (yoga pose). If you have time, just do yoga - it will help with wedding stress and it is fantastic for arms. Don't need weights, you use your arms to support your own body weight. You can find videos online, look for "flow yoga" where you move from one movement to another quickly, rather than the just hold a pose perfectly type of yoga.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    google 30 day plank challenge

Googled this and got a bunch of garbage. Can you provide us with a specific url by chance?
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    google top military workouts..awesome site...has info on this under military families...it will help you
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    I found a 10 day plank challenge that I am going to do, also I will be doing the chair exercise, the tricep one everyone suggested I looked up a video of how to do it, and it seems to be highly effective, along with planking, hopefully in 2 months my arms wont be horrendous.. Thank you to everyone who responded..!