HELP!!!!!!

Options
Anyone have any advice!!! I was a really good girl. I ate my calories, no junk. Worked out and burned 715 cal. But!!!! I gained 1 pound!
I keep gaining..... I really need some help. Advice, anyone!

Replies

• mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Okay, are you talking about overnight? You can't judge it on a day by day basis. ...the body does not deal with things immediately. There are all sorts of factors like sodium and such. That's why they recommend only weighing once a week. I gained 3lbs with PMS and it took me a week for it to disappear again (overnight).. relax, keep doing what you're supposed to do and the results will come.
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Oh, and when posting things like this its also helpful to open your diary so that we can look and see any possible triggers.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing this?

Are you PMSing or on your period? I gain almost 5lbs in water weight during my PMS time.

If you are judging over one day, don't worry. Weekly or bi-weekly comparisons are a better way to gauge weight loss, but it's possible to fluctuate around 5lbs in general all the time anyways
  • stjeanmama
    stjeanmama Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    muscle ways more than fat.....I have been working out alot and:wink::wink: eating alot less...I am losing but very slowly....hang in there...it is normal to go up and down a little
  • joyce1129
    joyce1129 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Do NOT weigh yourself daily. You will drive yourself insane. Pick a day of the week and time (I weigh Monday every other week around 9:30 AM). Don't think about the scale until that day and time.

Keep logging your foods. Change your goal on MFP to 40% carbs, 35% protein and 25% fat. Try to keep sugars at less than 30 grams. Watch your sugars; they are hidden in almost everything, same with sodium.

Drink lots of water. Keep hydrated. Not only will it flush out the "bad stuff" it will help you feel fuller.

Do this for two weeks, come back and tell us how you are doing!
  • joyce1129
    joyce1129 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have heard that so often "muscle weights more than fat." I have always wanted to find out how 16 ounces of fat weights less than 16 ounces of muscle. Not trying to be a smart a@@, but I have never been able to understand how that could be.
  • raechelandsean
    raechelandsean Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    WOW, thanks for the advice. I have been weighing in daily...it is driving me crazy. But I have been gaining weekly. So I'm going to take the advice... keep plugging in, and will see what happens. I will report back in a few weeks. Fingers crossed the numbers start to go down. Thanks so much for all the advice.:smile:
  • raechelandsean
    Options
    Well Last week I was down 4 lbs......this week up 2.5. Grrrr
    But, I'll keep plugging away!!

Also, what with the sugar, if I eat an apple and a banana, I'm pretty much finished for sugar!! This part it hard to keep down.
    Any suggestions????
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I have heard that so often "muscle weights more than fat." I have always wanted to find out how 16 ounces of fat weights less than 16 ounces of muscle. Not trying to be a smart a@@, but I have never been able to understand how that could be.

Obviously a pound is a pound. However a pound of muscle is much prettier on your butt than a pound of fat :)
  • Alpine005
    Alpine005 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Obviously 16 oz is 16 oz...

Think about it like this. Muscle is more dense for example, you can fill one large trashcan with rocks (muscle) and fill another large trashcan with feathers (fat), which one will be heavier? They are both two large trashcans that are full of something. Rocks just much more dense than feathers. get it?
  • Alpine005
    Alpine005 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion, but don't get too caught up with the sugar stuff, I would just try to avoid it in the evening. Keep your aodium down, drink lots of water and hit your calories. Are you lifting weights?
  • raechelandsean
    Options
    Not yet with the Weights. But I was thinking of adding in some. Thanks for the advice.
  • NickPineault
    Options
    Exactly. Muscle is three times more dense than fat. That's why you can never rely on the scale to know if you lose weight or not.

SHAMELESS PLUG:
    I explain it all in this video, if you want more info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFONV-1hlG8

Nick
    Obviously 16 oz is 16 oz...

Think about it like this. Muscle is more dense for example, you can fill one large trashcan with rocks (muscle) and fill another large trashcan with feathers (fat), which one will be heavier? They are both two large trashcans that are full of something. Rocks just much more dense than feathers. get it?