Calorie burn for 30Shred

Options
2»

Replies

• vinadity98
    vinadity98 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your imput! I'm definitely going to get a HRM but until then I at least know what to estimate it to!
  • gamespriteicon
    gamespriteicon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    A heart rate monitor is the way to go with these types of workouts. I find my calories burned vary day to day, even though the work out is exactly the same. Just like using a treadmill, elliptical, exercise bike, walk around the park, or sports; you never use the same level of effort. My difference can be as much as 30-80 calories just depends on how tired my body is from the day or from previous workouts, sleep deprivation is also a factor.

I love when my body starts to feel tighter. The only issue I have, just ask many others, is keeping up with it and working out everyday as the program states. I even tried every other day with a cardio day in-between. Can only stick with it for a week - 2 max. It is a good short, fun, and easy work out. Plus you can sweat a lot on those high energy days. :happy:

If you do not want to or can not buy a HR monitor then use the CIRCUIT Training option as indicated by the others. Then add some Cardio just to make sure you cover any calories you may have missed by having a low energy day. Extra Cardio can never hurt as long as you go at a pace that is comfortable to you.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I burn 200 I am 5'2 weight 124 per the HRM I have a polar FT60 that is one of the most accurate ones.
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", 26 years old and weigh 145lbs. I'm using 1lb weights as I have no upper body strength! My HRM said Level 1 was 160cals burned (on average) and level 2 is 150cals (on average). 20 minutes of Circuit Training on MFP comes to 220cal for me so it's quite a difference.

Hope that helps some! :flowerforyou:
  • scubahsteve69
    scubahsteve69 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have lost 46lbs without a HRM. I'm tired of people acting like it's the only way. I just do 20 min circuit training.

Not saying the only way to lose weight is with a HRM. But it's most definitely the only way to get the most accurate reading for calories burned.

An HRM is still just an estimation and nobody should regard it as "the only true way" to measure calories burned.

Do you have a more accurate method?
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Bump too hard to give full input on Android.
  • Mariana_87
    Options
    it depends on your weight, height and how hard your pushing.... I use a heart rate moniter and it varies from 200-250 calories. I'm on level 3 day 7 .... I'm 5ft 3 and weigh 183
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    It depends on your height, weight, how hard you work, etc. Get a HRM.

This! I used to post it as circuit training, then bought a HRM and it said I was burning a third of the calories I thought I was! Mind you, I was still losing weight and inches when I was posting it as circuit training :)
  • gracie2586
    gracie2586 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    After we figure this one out anyone know the calorie burn for zumba on the wii lol
  • darthbambi
    Options
    It depends on your height, weight, how hard you work, etc. Get a HRM.

This! I used to post it as circuit training, then bought a HRM and it said I was burning a third of the calories I thought I was!

Same here, MFP tends to overestimate quite a bit.
  • Wildgirl10
    Options
    It depends on how hard you push...I'm literally dripping sweat when I am done and on an elliptical in 10 minutes I can easily burn 100 calories..so I estimated for myself..25 minutes (includes warm-up and cool down) I put 249 calories..I keep my heart rate going the whole time and NO RESTING..as Jillian says. I also try to include other cardio throughout the day.
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0'', 121lbs- and when I really push myself hard on level 3 I only burn about 160 calories for the 27 minutes, according to my HRM. (I am dripping with sweat!) I have a Garmin HRM with a chest strap - I love my hrm!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    wow you guys burn lots.. i log it as 27 min and i burn between 168-220 depending on the level. i am 5ft 2 and 132 lbs. i use 5 lbs weights/ ( i use a hrm too)

I'm 5 ft 1and 139 lbs - that is almost identical to what I burn.
  • chelltune
    chelltune Posts: 17
    Options
    I had been tracking it as 20 min circuit training but I realised that level 2 is actually around 17 minutes long.
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor now, but didn't when I started doing the shred. Depends on how much you weigh and how hard you work, but generally I am between 200-230 calories burned for the warm-up, circuit training and cool-down. I am 5'-3.5" and 170lbs. Hope that helps!