30 Day Shred for people who have less than 20 lbs to lose?

Options
Hi! :flowerforyou:

I recently started the 30 Day Shred to mix up my workout routine and as a supplement to new eating patterns to break a plateau. So far, so good and I've heard amazing things about 30DS so I'm excited to see what it can do for me! :)

I've already been through the gigantor 30DS successes thread, but I notice that a lot of the stories are from people who started off with at least 30-40 or more pounds to lose. Those stories are all BEAUTIFUL and were very inspiring to read! But I was hoping for some stories that I could relate a little closer to. :flowerforyou:

I'm not expecting the rest of my extra weight to come off in the next 30 days or anything, but I was hoping to hear from some people who have done 30DS who started off with less to lose, starting off maybe 10 or 20 pounds above your UGW? I'd love to hear stories and see the results! :)

Replies

• rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I just did day 4 level 1 today. I have about 20 more lbs to lose but am also hoping this will help me tone up a bit. I measured myself last weekend and will hopefully do so again when I am halfway done. My scale jumped 2 lbs this week, but my clothes feel loser so that is all that matters. Good luck with your weight loss
  • hackett1171
    Options
    what do you do for 30DS? is it a specific workout? I only have 8 lbs to go with about 4% - 5% body fat along with those 8 lbs. more information would be great!

TIA
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have a similar amount to lose and during the 30ds I lost no weight at all BUT over 12 inches from various places and I did feel stronger. I've been doing various Jillian DVDs since and still no loss on the scales but I can see it starting to make a difference. Definitely take all your measurements and keep checking them as often this is a better indication of your success. Hope you get great results!
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    30DS (30 Day Shred) is a Jillian Micheal's video. It's divided into 3 levels, you do each level for 10 days in a row. They are only 20 minutes workouts, but they kick your butt (or at least they did mine)
  • dr0p4ah0y
    dr0p4ah0y Posts: 22
    Options
    what do you do for 30DS? is it a specific workout? I only have 8 lbs to go with about 4% - 5% body fat along with those 8 lbs. more information would be great!

TIA

Hey! :D 30 Day Shred is a 30-day exercise regimen by trainer Jillian Michaels. There are 3 levels, each level is an increase in intensity/difficulty. You do each level for 10 days, totaling 30 days! :D hth!
  • dr0p4ah0y
    Options
    I have a similar amount to lose and during the 30ds I lost no weight at all BUT over 12 inches from various places and I did feel stronger. I've been doing various Jillian DVDs since and still no loss on the scales but I can see it starting to make a difference. Definitely take all your measurements and keep checking them as often this is a better indication of your success. Hope you get great results!

Yay! :D I'm THRILLED to see that people lost inches, that means a lot more to me than pounds (although it wouldn't hurt, haha. I wouldn't sneeze at a few less pounds!). Those are incredible results, thanks so much for sharing! I hope I get results, too, haha.

I'm glad that it seems like people are having results, I'm only on day 3 but I'm really curious to see how it will change my body! :)
  • birdieintx
    birdieintx Posts: 298
    Options
    For some reason people have it in their head that if they do 30DS they'll lose 20 lbs in a month. I guess because that's what it says on the box? Except it says UP TO 20 lbs. Someone who has more to lose will be closer to that number. It seems to me that people with less to lose tend to drop only a few pounds or so while doing it. I think I lost 4 lbs total but I definetely lost inches, it was worth it! :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i had from the get go about 15 lbs to loose. I have only lost 8 in 5 months :( i did the 30ds in Dec and i lost NO lbs but i lost 1 inch off my waist and 2 off my belly and hips. I am 2 days off from completing the dvd gain and i have lost NOTHING, nada!!! no lbs or inches at all :( i still have 7 lbs to go and at least 1 inch of fmy waist and woudl like another 2 off my belly and hips... i'd like to bring my 26-27 % body fat to at least 23%.
  • dr0p4ah0y
    Options
    LOL that's not what I expect at all! On the contrary, I'm looking for some accounts from people who DON'T have that much to lose, overall, haha.

Inches lost would definitely be nice and I really hope to see that, but I certainly don't have any of these "box expectations." Just looking for some folks to relate to, since it's so much harder for the weight to come off when there's less of it. :( It's totally nice to know that there are some people who commiserate with me! :D xo
  • hackett1171
    Options
    is it a 3 dvd set? i found one that is only 1 dvd...please advise I don't want to get ripped off! I tried to copy and past but it wouldn't let me
  • hackett1171
    Options

TIA

Hey! :D 30 Day Shred is a 30-day exercise regimen by trainer Jillian Michaels. There are 3 levels, each level is an increase in intensity/difficulty. You do each level for 10 days, totaling 30 days! :D hth!

yes thanks!
  • marielouisehilton
    Options
    Yes it is a single DVD, I just finished level two for the first time, wow! I hope I can get out of bed in the morning! I love it so far though, hope the rest of you enjoy it too :o)
  • Fipsie
    Fipsie Posts: 50
    Options
    dr0p4ah0y - I'm on day 3 of 30 DS... And I'm trying to lose about 20lbs :smile: I started it becuase I read/ saw so many great things on this site about the 'programme' (I'm not following the JM eating plan.)

Although I want to lose 'weight', I'm more interested in toning and increasing fitness, losing inches etc.

Good luck, hope you see results! (Feel free to add me as a friend, we can compare 'war wounds'... Same for anyone else, for that matter!)
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    I was ultimately wanting to tone up and that's pretty much what I did...

1330488718432.png

13.25 inches and 8 pounds lost.
  • dr0p4ah0y
    Options
    I was ultimately wanting to tone up and that's pretty much what I did...

1330488718432.png

13.25 inches and 8 pounds lost.

You look FANTASTIC! :D 13 inches?! That's incredible!!! Thanks so much for showing your results! :D You're a great inspiration!
  • Fipsie
    Fipsie Posts: 50
    Options
    Love that baby is basically in the same position in both pics! Classic! Also, congratulations - I hope I can get anywhere near the numbers you did! Well done :)
  • roboticspacezombie
    Options
    I think it's a great workout if you don't have too much too lose, because it really helps to tone and build muscle. I did level 1 for a couple weeks and I've been doing level 2 for a few days, and mostly I haven't lost but a few pounds, but I've definitely lost some inches and gained more muscle tone. I love it, and it's a lot of fun. Good luck to you!
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    Thanks! I actually lost more inches for Level 2 than I did for Levels 1 and 3 combined!

Here were my stats:
    Starting weight: 152
    End of Level 1: 148
    End of Level 2: 145.5
    End of Level 3: 144

Chest (around nipple): 36 in / 34.75 / 34 / 34 (-2)
    Natural waist: 31 in / 30.5 / 30 / 29.75 (-1.25)
    Gut (around belly button) and hips: 37 in / 36.75 / 34 / 33.75 (-3.25)
    Butt (around widest part of rear): 43 in / 40.75 / 40 / 39.75 (-3.25)
    Thighs: 24 in / 23.5 / 23.25 / 22.75 (-1.25 each thigh)
    Arms: 11 in / 11 / 10.5 / 10.5 (-0.5 each arm)
  • hedwighigh
    hedwighigh Posts: 299
    Options
    I didn't have much to lose about 15-20 maybe 25 maybe.
    I lost several inches and several pounds (I don't remember how many)
    It also took me off a weight loss plateau. From what I've read and from my own experience, those who don't have much more to lose tend to tone up more or lose more inches with minimal actual weight loss.
    The DVD has made me love weight training and interval training now though and I've moved to Ripped in 30 now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!