Does any body else feel like..

Options
cannonsky
cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
.. they are thinking/talking about food ALL THE TIME. It makes counting calories not so fun. :ohwell:

Replies

• szartofwar
    Options
    Please....I've had dreams about food. My weekend is all about where I'm going to dinner
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I was just talking about this. It's all the time... i'm hoping that i will quit freeking out about how many calories this and that have. Can i eat that or would it put me over. Yep i feel it too
  • shanncrisalli
    shanncrisalli Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Agreed:(.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Funny thing is i lost 95 lbs this past yr without mfp doing it all myself without counting a single calorie! Now i am obsessed!
  • TurtleTape
    TurtleTape Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I was like that in the beginning, drove my friend nuts, lol. Now I've kind of gotten into the swing of things and it isn't as tough to push it aside when needed.
  • Hjbaker
    Hjbaker Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yup, I think about it all the time and now I try to think about how I can turn my craving into something healthier and sometimes I put the foods I feel like on my diary before I actually eat them so that I can see what I need to do eat during the rest of the day to keep calories low... or I take it off and don't eat it... and then I feel good for making a positive decision... and therefor calorie counting is a positive thing :smile: I am sure it will get easier over time
  • katiej122
    katiej122 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    All I ever think about is my next meal, and when I finish eating I start thinking about the next one, and planning what I'm going to eat for days ahead. Its kind of frustrating, just seeing numbers everywhere instead of food. Gotta do what you gotta do though I guess
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Just yesterday my co-worker told me that all I talk about is food. I think it's because now I am constantly trying to find better ways to eat and so I talk about it a lot to get ideas. I didn't realize that I was so focussed on it though.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    All I think about is "do I have enough calories left for this" & "calories calories calories" It gets annoying as I can never have a clear mind. So yeah, Kinda takes the fun out of weight loss.
  • manda68
    manda68 Posts: 16
    Options
    Food......thats all i use to think about when i first started using this site but its getting better
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    All I ever think about is my next meal, and when I finish eating I start thinking about the next one, and planning what I'm going to eat for days ahead. Its kind of frustrating, just seeing numbers everywhere instead of food. Gotta do what you gotta do though I guess

same here!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    *sigh* YES :/
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Everybody ELSE keeps wanting to talk to ME about food. I just want to eat and be left alone. But no, all my co-workers want to discuss my choice of wrap, my healthy meals, my weight loss and how I did it. Every single time I put anything near my mouth, they start in on me. Sigh.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I don't count calories on Sunday so that I don't go crazy.. but I think because of this.. .like clockwork... on Thursday and Friday I start to get cravings and all I can think about is where I'm going to eat on Sunday. But I plan my meals days in advance so I'm not tempted to eat something I shouldn't. This system has been working for me so far... I just get frustrated because I'm suppose to be writing a paper for school and my brain is going "YOU GET TO HAVE PEPPERONI FOR LUNCH. NOM NOM". It's very distracting
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I think I count calories in my sleep.
    I count other peoples calories.
    It is all I think about all the time except what I am going to eat for which meal.
    Pretty bad.
  • ravihira1892
    ravihira1892 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    sex. food. money. family. cars. science.

That's pretty much whats on my mind all the time! Not in that particular order though.
  • Ballerina_Cara
    Options
    I am like this too, I will sit in class and just think about food!!! However, for me I look at it as a good thing. They say that where you put your focus is where you find sucess. I have always put a ton of effort into my school, career, family, friends and now I'm finally attempting to put that kind of focus on my health.
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    This site, even though it's a great resource, really promotes an obsession with food, especially if you use it long-term.
    Calorie counting is very tedious.
    I was becoming too reliant on thinking about food all the time, so I took on a short fast. I have the freedom now to think of other things and my hope is that when I go back to calorie counting, I'll bring a fresh perspective to it. At any rate, the break from obsessive calorie counting is worth it to me.
  • TiltingAtWindmills
    TiltingAtWindmills Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yep! Glad it's not just me. I also think about exercise ( making sure I stick to my exercise goals so I can keep losing weight and still feel like I get to eat).

But I have to admit that this is working for me. I'm not a very good dieter, but I'm now 8 pounds from my first goal doing this. Maybe this is what I needed.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    YES.