Fruit : too much/not enough

Need Advise
How can you tell if you are eating too much fruit?
I know fruit is gd for you but, could all the suger in fruit slow down you weight loss?
example: if you are eating healthy but not lossing weight, could it be all the suger in fruit.

How much is too much

Thx

Replies

• 2BHEALTHY
    2BHEALTHY Posts: 62
    Need Advise
    How can you tell if you are eating too much fruit?
    I know fruit is gd for you but, could all the suger in fruit slow down you weight loss?
    example: if you are eating healthy but not lossing weight, could it be all the suger in fruit.

How much is too much

Thx
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    FDA recommends 3 - 5 servings a day of fruit. I haven't personally found anyone who eats too much fruit. And I know some big fruit eaters! I've never known anyone who could legitimately blame fruit for not losing weight. Anyone else???
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    There are some fruits that have a higher glycemic count than others. I try to eat fruits that aren't high in natural sugars.
  • I work in a diabetes program in a public health setting. You can actually get too much fruit. The FDA recommends that you get at least 5 servings of fruits & veggies a day. If you go to mypyramid.gov it will break it down individually for you based on your own needs.