sports bra advice

Options

Replies

• momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm not as big as all you... I was!! But after 55+ lbs gone - sadly the girls are gone- but ditto for below... even now... bra and a tank with built in bra, then short or long sleeved shirt... keeps the girls in place for me!

L
    I'm the same size. I usually wear two sports bras then a tight fitting tank with a built in bra. I know its probably not the answer you were hoping for, but its been working for me!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Honestly I havent found anything that works yet but wearing multiple ones at the same time. I do not have any underwire sportbras but do wear more than one at a time for support.

This. I have bought the 3-pack of Fruit of the Loom cotton sports bras from Wal-mart and worn 1, 2, or all 3 of them based on the activity I'm doing. They are matching colors and have different styles (racerback, thin strap, etc.) that fit on top of each other and look decent together.

I never use an underwire sports bra. I just use a very tight one that won't allow for much movement.
  • sjackson902
    sjackson902 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'd love to get a really nice sports bra like Freya or Goddess, but don't want to spend that kind of money until I reach my goal weight. You definitely want to get the right kind of bra for your level of exercise. I purchased a Lily of France In Action bra at Kohl's for about $20. It's just perfect for my jogging. It does have an underwire, but it is so well padded that I don't even notice it. No jiggling here. BTW - I'm a 36DD.
  • oddree80
    oddree80 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'd like to third getting an Enell.
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Same here 36/38 DD/E - I wear shock absorbers (level 4) i get very little bounce when I run etc...

Boobydoo is a very good site to order from x
  • kapspecial
    kapspecial Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 F sometimes 40Es. Every bra style is different and while I wear under wire in most of my everyday bras I do not own one sports bra with wire. I recently purchased two different styles of Anita active bras from Macy's.com. I also got two Moving Comfort Jubralee sports bras. I went to a running store to get measured and they ordered several different sizes. I came back for a fitting and bought the size that worked for me. DO NOT STOP UNTIL YOU GET A GOOD SUPPORTIVE BRA! Irreversible breast sag in the name of getting fit is NOT the way to go. I hope you find something that works for you soon.
  • yubyub
    yubyub Posts: 8
    Options
    I wear an enell. I am a 42DDD.
  • melanieparker13
    melanieparker13 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I wear two sports bras at a time... Haven't seemed to find just one that is perfect
  • st82
    st82 Posts: 6
    Options
    I wear the shock absorbers - might be a UK brand though but I would highly recommend them.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I have had a ton of trouble with bras and working out. i actually had cuts on the bottom of my breasts from the bras rubbing. now i use one full support underwire bra, i put a sportsbra over top of that. that tends to hold them down. but there is still some rubbing. so i bought body glide- i put it on under my breasts and then put on the bras and now i finally have no issues.
  • thefacade
    thefacade Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    36D and moving comfort fiona bra is amazing. I used to do the bra then sports bra trick but god damn do those dig in. After doing a ton of research, I found that the best thing is to have each breast encapsulated, because it protects the "root" tissue (I believe that's the term they use) from breaking down, whereas bras that just hold your breasts as one mass (tubeboob) actually allow the the breast tissue to damage more at the base, eventually possibly leading to tissue degradation and saggy boobs. I got the white one on amazon on sale to try it out (blah white) for $28, before splurging on pretty colors, but I'd say it's worth it. The straps are also pretty awesome with quick-adjust velcro in the front so you can actually reach it.
    Good luck!
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I really like the Champion compression bra. They sometimes have them at Target.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite (I'm a 40DD) is Fiona from Moving Comfort. I got mine on amazon for like 28 bucks, and it's brilliant. When I first got it I felt it and had no hope what so ever...it seems flimsy...no underwire, etc...but omg it works amazingly well!

edited to add: I almost always (used to) wear 2...but that one I only need the one...Highly Highly reccomend

^^^ This!
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I like the selection at sports authority. IMO you need to spend at least 50$, a good sports bra for someone bustier than average is pricey.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Also wearing two seems to help some women.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I'm 38F - I wear Shock absorbers and get no bounce at all - love it!
    Mine is getting old now, but still just as supportive

Thinking of getting a new one - http://www.sweatybetty.com/shock-absorber-run-bra-prod5044_blacksilver/
  • xerotolerance
    Options
    Lululemon Ta Ta Tamer!! The only bra I can wear that supports me enough for any activity... I'm a busty 34D for reference.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    if you are in the UK, i recommend Shock Absorber bras. Im a 40F/38G and am extremely sporty... these bras are AMAZING, i haven't knocked myself out yet with a boob bounce so they work ;) can be fairly expensive, i usually get mine off ebay, or when they are at a reduced price and get 3 or 4 at once lol
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Lululemon Ta Ta Tamer!! The only bra I can wear that supports me enough for any activity... I'm a busty 34D for reference.

Are you talking about the originl Tata Tamer or the Tata Tamer II? I really, really need to get a bra I can run in and they look good, but I haven't heard any comments about them. Do you know if they come in a 30DD or 30E?