cookies,cakes, chips,candy, ice cream ect...

Options
how do you say no-its not that simple!!

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I don't - I just make sure that I stay within my calories for the day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if you want to lose weight, it is that simple... just say no!
  • WhitneyW78
    WhitneyW78 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation... it works... don't doubt it!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    If you are really really commited to loose weight, then you will say no to all treats like that! If you want to allow yourself a little treat now and again, then work for it! Do mini goals each day of how many calories you want to burn each day for a week, and then go out and treat yourself to a cake, or a cookie! At least that way, you will be burning calories each day and you will get something nice at the end of the week. :smile:
  • ohtobe2
    ohtobe2 Posts: 43
    Options
    I check my calories left at the end of the day, if there is enough left over, I will have a wee 'treat'! But just a wee one, not a HUGE one like I used to have...
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation... it works... don't doubt it!

If Whitney lost 239 lbs. and she says this, then believe it!
  • grnice
    grnice Posts: 96
    Options
    If you are really really commited to loose weight, then you will say no to all treats like that! If you want to allow yourself a little treat now and again, then work for it! Do mini goals each day of how many calories you want to burn each day for a week, and then go out and treat yourself to a cake, or a cookie! At least that way, you will be burning calories each day and you will get something nice at the end of the week. :smile:

Sorry, I disagree with that first sentence. As long as you are within your calorie range and don't make a meal out of those foods then I don't see why you can't incorporate them into your diet. If you restrict yourself you'll binge and wind up going back to poor eating habits.
  • Onemoodycuss
    Onemoodycuss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but I refuse to live in a world devoid of cookies, cakes, chips, candy, ice cream, etc. Self control isn't just about saying no. It's also about saying enough.
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but I refuse to live in a world devoid of cookies, cakes, chips, candy, ice cream, etc. Self control isn't just about saying no. It's also about saying enough.

^ this!^
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options

^^^THIS^^^
    I have given up the foods I love before then binged, gave up and got fat again~I refuse to do that again.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    You don't. You can't. Well you can, but if you're anything like me it will do more damage in the long run. Deprivation gets me no where.

So instead, I rationalize that I can have anything I want, just not everything I want.
  • tmm01
    tmm01 Posts: 137
    Options
    If you say no all the time, you will start to resent it, and lose motivation. Healthy eating is a lifestyle and has to be liveable. Don't see it as a short term diet, but a lifetime of healthy eating. That means, if you want a cake, chips etc, then have them. Make sure they are within your calorie count and as long as they are a 'treat', and not a regular feature then enjoy them. If you go over by a bit on one day, don't worry as long as your weekly deficit is maintained. I agree with the 'work for it' sentiment. I often fancy something, check the calories, and then go off it.
    Infact the other week I really craved a packet of crisps (potato chips for those in US). So I had a packet - I hadn't had crisps for almost 6months. They used to be my main weakness - I could eat packets at a time. My the end of the 1 packet that I had, I found them greasy and rather disgusting really. My taste have changed.

I still have the odd 1, every now and then, but not a packet anymore - that is now too much for me.

So , if you fancy it, have it, but only as a treat.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    easy, i dont say no