supplements & weight lose accelerators?

Options
Does anyone use weightloss supplements or metabolism boosters or any of those kinds of things?
should i be using them if i want to acheive a large amount of weightloss?

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I dont think you can ever go wrong with an EFA like fish oil. Thermogenics like ECA stack do work but honestly are not needed. Just get the diet and exercise in check and you will lose fine without a thermogenic etc.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    There are no substitutes for balanced diet and excersize.
  • msjessae
    msjessae Posts: 28
    Options
    I use Herbalife. Best fuel for me! & 60 million others :) I wish I was in the US though, or else I'd be ALL over Herbalife24! :D
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    NO :) Vegetables and fruits will give u what u want, with lots of water and a little exercise!!
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i would like to know too... i mean i DO exercise and eat really well most days, but a little help would be nice
  • fatshady360
    Options
    completely agree with jac here.....just diet and exercise will do it.....ive tried loads of supplements and they are all crap!!!!they dont do anything..............the thing that does work is an eca stack......ephedrine,caffine and asprin......works 100% but the downside is it can be dangerous,and ive never had the balls to try it......i do know its big in the bodybuilding community for when they are on a cut.
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I take Natrabio Real Thyroid supplement. If you are getting adequate nutrition and exercise but haven't seen a loss sometimes it means an underactive thyroid. My mother had an underactive thyroid so in my case it's hereditary. Also some people with different health conditions shouldn't use it. But I'm 1/3 of the way through my first pack and I've noticed my normal underactive thyroid symptoms have decreased and I feel more motivated. I've lost 7 lbs this week but it's definitely not because of the supplement. (though it may have contributed)
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    There are no substitutes for balanced diet and excersize.

I take a green tea supplement, but that is for my rheumatoid arthritis. I did a little research and found it was good for it, but it is a weight loss supplement too.

Eating healthy and exercise is the best way. Sweated a lot of buckets to lose 70lbs (35lbs before MFP and 35lbs with MFP).

Good luck on your journey to a healthier lifestyle. :smile:
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    i would like to know too... i mean i DO exercise and eat really well most days, but a little help would be nice

How about eating really well on more days? I think that would help.
  • Batchoy
    Batchoy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes you will loose a significant amount weight using supplement sand accelerators, but only in your wallet.

Save your money and stick to exercise and a balanced diet.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Save your money, I'm not saying they're all garbage but I have yet to see any peer reviewed clinical trials proving that product x or y really works. Lots of anecdotes & celebrity endorsements but, as they say, the plural of anecdote is not data.
  • Zarebeth
    Zarebeth Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Natural things your body needs anyway are okay, but stay away from the stimulants and diet pills. Because if you use them, you may lose the weight but you aren't training your body to do okay on less food or the right kinds. You can't take them forever, so what happens when you go off of them? Can you say REBOUND?

I was on Meridia twice, both times I lost 40+ pounds easy-peasy. But as soon as I went off I craved calories like they were crack - in a desperate, I am so starved I feel like I am going to DIE way that my body would not let me ignore.

There are no shortcuts. I drink green tea because it makes me feel fabulous and it is good for me. I take vitamins in case I am missing anything, although I try to eat a balanced diet. Other than that, hard work, healthy food, and exercise. With an occasional splurge to let you make it a lifestyle instead of a diet.