Protein Shakes

Options
merapp9
merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
Does anyone know a good protein shake? Something quick and easy, already made or just add skim milk or water? I'll also look for any easy to make protein shakes at home. :) Thanks!

Replies

• Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Eas advantedge. Chocolate fudge. Premade and good! 110 cals 3 fats and 0 carbs and 17 protien! Woohoo! Easy breezy!
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Where can I buy it at? Thanks!
  • joyce1129
    joyce1129 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love Protizyme Peanut Butter Cookie protein powder. It really does taste like peanut butter cookies. I am certain you can get it on line. I also Like Matrix Mint Cookie protein powder. I mix either with water (you could use milk) for a quick snack or even meal substitute. They come in 5 pound containers.

http://topsupplementsonline.com/ Almost anything I ever want I can find here.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options

Any grocery store ive seen has em, but only in packs of four! I go to sams club and get em in 24 packs! Mmmm
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Protein Shake-Chocolate Peanut Butter- (that is how it is listed in the food diary)- I add this to either 1 to 1-1/2 cups of skim milk and its great!! You can get the powder, and I think premade, at Wal-mart in the pharmacy area where the viatiams are located (at least that is where it is at my store). They have a couple of other flavors too but we really like this one. My 11 yr son even drinks them. 1 scoop is 130 calories, they have one that is 140 calories but I don't know what the difference is. I also have a hand mixer that I use to mix them and it is very quick and easy. Hope this helps!
  • kaizen31
    kaizen31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I use Muscle Tech's chocolate flavor whey protein powder--I buy it at Sam's Club. It's not bad, with milk!
  • fmouco
    fmouco Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Dynamize Elite Whey Protein Vanilla. If I can find it in Brazil, it should be really easy to find in US! I like it because it doesn't taste like powder after you add some skim milk.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Eas advantedge. Chocolate fudge. Premade and good! 110 cals 3 fats and 0 carbs and 17 protien! Woohoo! Easy breezy!

I use this as well- you can get a case at Sam's Club or you can buy 4-packs at stores like Walmart, etc.
  • 15in8
    15in8 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    For dollar value I like Whey protein shakes - Generally you can buy bulk 1kg-5kg and save $. They are 30/30/2 generally when made up with skim.
  • ravihira1892
    ravihira1892 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Impact Whey Protein - cheap, low calorie & great protein supplement. SUPPLEMENT.

If you want 5% discount off your first order... www.myprotein.com then use code: MP129269. Great savings guys :).
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options

Any grocery store ive seen has em, but only in packs of four! I go to sams club and get em in 24 packs! Mmmm

i do the same thing - i buy these at BJ's and they are a good deal, and they're good too! they also have good canned ones at Trader Joe's called Pure Protein (or something similar) and they have a similar nutritional profile
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Nature's Best Isopure Low-Carb also no sugar Protein.... Many flavors.. I like the Dutch Chocolate... GNC sells some flavors... BodyBuilding.com is fairly cheap and has all flavors

1 servings is 50 grams of protein. 3grams of Carbs... 0 sugar 220 calories
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    My 11 yr son even drinks them.

Is this ok for an 11 year old? I don't know, I am only asking...
  • SarahPageUk
    SarahPageUk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    are they any good i am all hungry after a work out !!
  • adriana_hackney
    adriana_hackney Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I really like Pure Protein frosty chocolate. 23 grams of protein and 120 cals!!! Taste good too :)
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    are they any good i am all hungry after a work out !!

Drinking a Protein Shake is very preferable after a workout... Generally within 30 mins of a workout...
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I also use Body Fortress & love it!! :drinker:

Only 14.98 for 2lbs....
    I use Chocolate, Chocolate - Peanut Butter, Vanilla and sometimes even mix them 1 scoop each...
    1 scoop is a whopping 26grams of protein!!! and that is right up my alley :smile:
    I use it in water.... I used to use it with skim milk to start out but like it better in water.

I have to get alot of protein in early in the day....

Enjoy!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    My 11 yr son even drinks them.

Is this ok for an 11 year old? I don't know, I am only asking...

It's just protein. It will not hurt kids...
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I like any flavour whey protein powder (the one I use is 110 cals, 0g fat, 0g sugar, 27g protein)
    blended with 1 cup frozen berries and 1 cup water
    total: 190 cals, 18g carbs, 0g fat, 28g protein, 55g sodium
    Yum :)
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I plead the 5th-lol