Job offer/Travel/ what the F**K to do?!

Options
2»

Replies

• firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Do it Do it Do it Do it! Seriously, I got the chance to do a Master's abroad and I was SO nervous about going, just picking up and moving to a city I'd never been to before, and then another one where English wasn't the native language.

It was the BEST thing I have EVER done (ever, ever, ever, ever, ever). And virtually everyone in my program had done a similar thing, and most of them were in relationships, and it turned out fine. Yeah, it was something they had to be conscious about, specifically making time and effort to stay connected and show the other person was still important in their lives, but by the time they went home, their relationships progressed even further than they were before (One got married, two got kids). You can do a relationship with a lot of travel, but this is a FANTASTIC opportunity, and you might not get it again, and if you give up something so great for a relationship, that relationship will inevitably suffer. You will regret not doing it, but I can't imagine you regretting doing it.

Congrats on the offer!!!
  • Hartman1986
    Hartman1986 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Long as they aren't asking you to be an OTR truck driver, I say go for it.
  • mandiemma
    mandiemma Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm reviewing the employment contract tonight.

Going to see how they feel about spouses coming to visit when travelling overseas for more than a month...

**crossing fingers this works out**