Weighing in?

how often do people weigh in?
I'm guessing you do it once a week, same time?

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    I log it once a week, same scale, same time. But I weigh every day, just to see what's going on.
  • lindyc11
    lindyc11 Posts: 75 Member
    That's a good idea.....I was logging every day, but it can bounce around a fair bit....especially 'that time' of the month....
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    I "officially" weigh in once a week on a Friday morning before breakfast but after ablutions (sorry TMI!), but "unofficially" I hop on the scales most mornings just to keep an eye on things.

Now some would call this obsessive, I know, but it keeps me on track and I don't stress the small daily fluctations that can be due to water, carb bloat or many other things.

As long as the scales says I weigh less on official weigh in day than I did last week, I am more than happy with that!
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    If I did every day (which I have) I'd go cray cray. I do once a week, but if I am feeling nervous, I "spot check".
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    I weigh in once a month. It gives me a chance to work thru plateaus and get the results I want.
  • thinkpositive3
    thinkpositive3 Posts: 85 Member
    I weigh in once a week. If I weigh daily and I'm up even a little bit I friek out and get down on myself and it totally demotivates me. For now weekly works for me and keeps me in check. It helps to be part of a challenge as well to keep you accountable.
  • sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    I weigh in on line once a week, on a Sunday morning, but weight myself every morning and most evenings before I eat my dinner, when i feel empty from lunch time and feel quite hungry!
  • nikki778
    nikki778 Posts: 148 Member
    I weigh in a few times just to keep a stricter mindframe. I log my weight each time whether its a loss or a gain.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    I weigh in every day in the morning only once.
  • colobon
    colobon Posts: 49 Member
    I weigh myself every morning but have an "official" weigh in once a week. That's a carryover from ww but keeps me from going off track when I know my official weigh in is coming up. Small goals!
  • I weigh in/take measurements once a week (Thurs to be specific), that way I don't have to worry about the weekends, in case I decide to have a cheat day :smile:
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    I get on the scale every morning. It helps me to stay focused. However my official weigh in day is on Saturday Morning. That is the number I use.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 970 Member
    Weekly
  • dsmutch1
    dsmutch1 Posts: 5
    Thanks everyone...I think I will try to weigh in everyday for the first little bit...you guys are doing great...lots of weight loss!!!
  • I weigh 2x a week. Fridays and Mondays.
  • mkbledsoe
    mkbledsoe Posts: 132
    I don't own a scale so I have only been able to weight every 6 to 8 weeks when I go to the doctor. I do, however, measure my waist and hips every week. Seems much less stressful than weighing.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    I weigh every day, and will log a loss after a couple days of the same weight. I know my pattern and I only fluctuate a couple of pounds during the day, so if I see the same weight two mornings in a row. It's a loss for me.
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    I weigh everyday day, but log on Sunday..
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Once a week, especially now since I asked my husband to hide the scale (I was a bit obsessed by it and if the scale went up, my mood went down) - and now I have no choice but to weigh in once a week. And you know what? I feel pretty good for it!!
  • Once a week. I don't touch the scale unless it's Sunday morning!
  • judybrim
    judybrim Posts: 82 Member
    I've been weighing in and measuring once a month! It's just less stressful for me that way! :D
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    I weigh myself first day of my week (Sundays) after waking up. I try not to step on the scale any other days, but I do now and then just to see where I'm at.
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    I do every day. It keeps me accountable.

Everymorning, after using the toilet, before showering.
  • splackk
    splackk Posts: 163
    Last time I was watching what I ate, I was weighing in every day (and sometimes nights!) and pretty much just updating my weight whenever I wanted, not on any schedule. Now that I’m back I’ve resolved to update every Monday (hopefully will keep me accountable on weekends, my problem area!) but to check in every morning just because I like to see how things change depending on what I eat the day before. I’m up this morning after some salty popcorn for a snack last night, even though I did well on my calories. But thanks to that I know to drink extra water today to flush it out!
  • icnee
    icnee Posts: 7
    I get on the scale every morning after using the toilet. Cause I like to know what's going on. I often have swelling and when it says I'm up a few ounces I will drink extra water and eat celery because it is a natural diaretic ( I think I spelled that wrong) I find when doing that not only do the numbers go down but I find my pain Is decreased so it is working out well for me.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    every day for me i want to see the progress or the damages
  • justaloozer
    justaloozer Posts: 122 Member
    I log it once a week, same scale, same time. But I weigh every day, just to see what's going on.

This!
  • hubtech
    hubtech Posts: 43 Member
    I weigh-in and log it daily but only because I know that any daily fluctuations won't bug me. I like to stay on top of the situation and doing it daily means you don't have the chance to consider "being bad" one day and trying to make up for it the next.

I suggest doing it as often as you can but it really should depend on how you handle the minor fluctuations. Once a week at least I should think.

Make it a routine to get the most consistent results possible.
  • I log it once a week, same scale, same time. But I weigh every day, just to see what's going on.

I'm the same way i know i should wait a wk but im curious and cant help myself sometimes im happy sometimes im frustated
  • Jostring73
    Jostring73 Posts: 18 Member
    Thanks everyone that's a huge help.
    My only mistake was I weighed myself last thing on a Tuesday night! When I first weighed in on this app.
    I probably should weigh myself first thing in the morning before I eat anything.
    I might weigh myself this morning and start from there.
    Thanks chaps and chapettes!

Loving my fitness pal! It's really motivating! :love: