anyone know any low calories breakfast recipes?

Options
pinkpip
pinkpip Posts: 57 Member
I amwondering whether anyone knows any low calorie break recipes around 200 calories which is simple to make on a morning? :)

Replies

• vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    6 oz chobani 0% greek yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch

23g protein

195 calories

25g carbs

4g fiber

1.5g fat
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    egg creations.. Nom nom nom.. 1/2 cup and a piece of toast is hmm, maybe 130 calories

..... i posted this in the wrong topic before haha
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup dry Old Fashioned oatmeal
    8 g brown sugar
    1 g cinnamon
    1 cup water

182 calories of awesome super-food

Very filling too!

-M
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I amwondering whether anyone knows any low calorie break recipes around 200 calories which is simple to make on a morning? :)

Oatmeal works for me... and makes me feel full. I love Better Oats oat revolution strawberries and cream. And I mix with some unsweetened vanilla almond milk. DEEE-LISH. Oatmeal is 130 cal and a cup of almond milk (unsweetened) is 35 cal per cup.
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    1 egg (80 cals)
    3 egg whites (45 cals)
    1oz ham (40 cals)
    1/2 Jalapeno (2 cals)
    1/4 cup low fat mozzarella cheeze (40 cals)

Total 207
    Mix in a bow - heat up a pan, toss in when hot - either make an omelet, fritatta, or just good old scrambled eggs.

Leave out the cheese for under 200....but everybody loves cheeze!!!!

Best thing is you can prep it the night before, and just toss it in a pan in the morning, takes less than 3 mins to cook.
  • McMellll
    McMellll Posts: 15
    Options
    i really like these egg muffins- http://kalynsprintablerecipes.blogspot.com/2009/08/egg-muffins-revisited-again.html

you'll need to make them the night before (or whenever). but i make a batch (12) and freeze them. i take them out the morning i need them and heat them until warm. they're yummy. you can modify everything to your tastes
  • angelaclassact
    angelaclassact Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Egg whites on a deli flat with a little cheese
    Oatmeal with water, a little brown sugar and sliced almonds
    Hard boiled egg with a piece of dry toast
    Deli flat with FF cream cheese
    Malt 'o Meal made with water and a little brown sugar and sliced almonds
  • valerieee
    valerieee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    1 egg (80 cals)
    3 egg whites (45 cals)
    1oz ham (40 cals)
    1/2 Jalapeno (2 cals)

Total 207
    Mix in a bow - heat up a pan, toss in when hot - either make an omelet, fritatta, or just good old scrambled eggs.

Best thing is you can prep it the night before, and just toss it in a pan in the morning, takes less than 3 mins to cook.

slightly odd question, what do you do with the extra 3 yolks? just chuck them out?! i'm asking cause i HATE wasting food (probably a major factor of my getting fat in the first place)!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    6 oz chobani 0% greek yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch

23g protein

195 calories

25g carbs

4g fiber

1.5g fat

this is seriously exactly what i had for breakfast this morning. its kinda scary lol
  • skywa
    Options
    1 egg (80 cals)
    3 egg whites (45 cals)
    1oz ham (40 cals)
    1/2 Jalapeno (2 cals)

Total 207

slightly odd question, what do you do with the extra 3 yolks? just chuck them out?! i'm asking cause i HATE wasting food (probably a major factor of my getting fat in the first place)!

you can buy just egg white. :3
  • phillips9366
    phillips9366 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    3 egg white Fritata (140 calories)

I sautee veggies in a small amount (.2 tsp) of olive oil (peppers, onions, garlic, 2 cups of spinach, mushrooms, tomato, etc.). Set them aside and cook the egg whites in another small amount of olive oil. Then I throw the veggies ontop of the egg whites and devour.

Killer breakfast, sticks with you well, and only like 140 calories.

Yum.
  • phillips9366
    phillips9366 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I feed the egg yolks to my dog.
  • skywa
    Options
    i like to make egg bakes. i'll make like 12 and eat them for days.

2 with a veggie pattie for breakfast is so fill and delish.

they're about 100 cals each (with the yolk)

1 pepperoni on the bottom of each muffin tin
    1/4 cup of sautayed veggies on top of that (i sautayed zuchini, onions, and mushrooms)
    2 tbsp of cheese on top of the veggies (i used mozzerella)
    1 egg on top, add s/p to taste.

fill up all the muffin tins like that. bake at 375 for 15-20 mins or till the eggs are cooked. :D You can scoop them out easily because of the natural fats in the pepperoni (you could also use turkey deli meat for a lower cal alternative and egg whites instead of whole eggs which would make the total cals closer to 50 that 100).

this is also super high protein, and low carb. :3
  • valerieee
    valerieee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    buy egg whites? i seriously did not know that! where have i been living all my life!? haha! or is it an american thing? :( it wouldn't surprise me if the uk don't sell it...
    but i could totally feed it to my dog - he would LOVE it!
    thanks guys! :)
  • slemington
    Options
    2 eggs, 1/2 cup rice, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, 1/2 cup red beans. I forgot calories, it is easy and yummy and simple
  • tina_fay
    tina_fay Posts: 30
    Options
    One of my favorite breakfasts (if I'm not watcing my carb intake) is:

A Thomas Everything Thin Bagel (110 cal)
    1 tbsp Veggie Cream Cheese (40 cal)
    2 slices of lean ham (30 cal)
    And then you can add veggies for a few more calories, like lettuce and tomato.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    1-2 eggs and some fresh fruit or veggies works best.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options

I never throw out egg yolks either because a) they are delicious, b) it is a waste, and c) that is where most of the nutrition is. Still, sometimes I like ONLY egg whites when I need a low cal breakfast. Instead of separating the yolk from the white what I do is buy two separate things: a carton of eggs for when I want whole eggs, and a carton of eggs whites when I want just the whites. The egg whites I buy are natural, free-run eggs. The only ingredient in the carton is egg whites, and when you pour them into your pan they LOOK like egg whites (they are dyed yellow to make them look like scrambled whole eggs). They are called Naturegg, and can be found with Egg Beaters, Egg Creations, etc. They are terrific, and their consistency is just as it should be when they are cooked which tells me they are not processed. I throw nothing away (the manufacturers might....but I don't really think about that right now).

Edit: and after reading the new comment just a few above this: I am not American either. :P I live in Canada and they sell them here. :) If you've never thought to look for them before, you might be surprised and find them on your shelf. They are in little milk-type cartons.
  • SHDenver
    SHDenver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    1 egg (can use two)
    2 tbls of reduced fat or fat free shredded kraft cheddar cheese
    1 jalapeno, diced (I remove the seeds and (is it veins?) to reduce the heat)
    1 vine-ripened tomato
    3 to 4 teaspoons of tabasco sauce

Use cooking spray to coat a pan on medium to high heat, add jalapenos.
    Cut tomato in to thick slices, lightly salt and pepper, spray the pan with more non-stick spray and cook tomatos on each side for a minute or two. Put tomatoes and jalapenos on your plate
    Fry the egg using the cooking spray, over easy. Add the cheese when you flip the egg.
    Plate the egg and top with the tomato and jalapeno, add the tobasco..

I like to mix the yoke and tabasco... I've been told this is gross but I also think ketchup and egg yolk is amazing together so I'll add Heinz sugar reduced ketchup as well.
  • SydKaty
    SydKaty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Egg White Quiches

Use 12-slot muffin tin - Spray with Pam to avoid sticking
    Pour egg whites into the tins about 1/2 way full.
    Add assorted veggies to each slot
    Sprinkle with FF cheddar cheese

Bake 350 for about 20-25 minutes.

They pop out and are super yummy! They're about 50 calories each.