Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm new and insecure

Hello Fittness community;

I have gained over 65lbs with my pregnancies. Yes more than one... son is 21 mths and daughter 7 mhts- you do the math!!! Nonetheless I am ready to rid all this excess weight and how hard has this been...any support, tips encouraging words???

Replies

• coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Work hard, and measure inches... they come in handy when the scale makes you grumpy! I put on 75lbs with my ONE pregnancy, so hey, ur doing alright already :flowerforyou:
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    YOU CAN ADD ME. I have found having friends on here is a real motivator
  • BriskaPacojame
    BriskaPacojame Posts: 195 Member
    Just stick with it. You'll learn a lot while you're here. Add people with similar goals. Use what works for you, it's confusing in here sometimes! :)

4463764.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Well my mother always told me that a happy healthy mama is a happy healthy family.
  • pinkpandangel105
    pinkpandangel105 Posts: 38 Member
    I gained 60 with my one pregnancy. Lol. Then I gained about 30 more. I lost 16 on my own and since joining MFP I've lost 15. I have stopped eating out for the most part and I'm watching my calories closely. I walk A LOT too. My son will be 4 next month and I'm trying to get healthy again so we may have another. Good luck!
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Wow, hey, great work taking the first steps!

My biggest advice is to be diligent about entering every single little thing into MFP, even on the days when you are bad and go over. And the more time you spend on the website, the more you will learn (tools tab, message boards, food nutrition information, etc).

Be diligent, and be fearless because YOU CAN do it!!
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    I'm also working off the baby weight from my two sons...feel free to add me. My MFP support and friends are what keep me motivated. :)
  • bexblonde
    bexblonde Posts: 80
    Good luck, you can do it! I'm in the process of losing the rest of my baby weight and trying to get toned up. The people on MFP are really helpful and I find it so motivating to look at the 'Sucess Stories' forum.
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Work hard, and measure inches... they come in handy when the scale makes you grumpy!

That is such good advice. And adding to that, my advice: take pride in eating well and feeling good. Don't take pride solely from the scales going down.
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Don't look at this as work.

Find a kind of physical activity that you enjoy - make a goal to get stronger or faster, backpack 10 miles, climb a rock face, whatever floats your boat.

The sooner you can incorporate your diet and exercise changes into your identity, the better and more long lasting those changes will be.

Also, be rigorous about measuring and logging your food and activities, especially at first. Poor estimation is often the cause of slower progress.

Get a quality heart rate monitor (HRM). The Polar FT4, FT7, FT40, and FT60 models are great. They'll run you between $70-$150, depending on where you buy. Get one with a chest strap - the other kinds aren't worth your money.

Give yourself reasonable expectations and goals. You didn't gain the weight quickly, nor will you lose it quickly. A loss of 1lb per week is a healthy goal. That's a 500 calorie deficit from your total daily intake per day, each week.

Eat back your exercise calories. Your body needs fuel.

Read these:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

Good luck, and welcome!
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Welcome! Congrats on taking the first steps! I can only imagine what your schedule must be like with 2 babies under 2 years old... Respect. :)
  • TamImbrogno
    TamImbrogno Posts: 72 Member
    Hi, im a mom of 3 kids ages 9, 5, and 2yrs old! I had gained a good chunk with my youngest, but got it off.. however after getting a tubal, and uterine ablation along with numerous meds I packed 60ish pounds back on. Right now im down 30 and want to drop 20 more at least! Feel free to add me
  • agallie89
    agallie89 Posts: 17
    Hey,

I'm fairly new to MFP, Ive just had a second baby and trying to lose my baby weigh and more.

I am only just starting to have a look around the sight rather than just food & excerise.

It looks like alot of people are saying that friends on here are motivation - so I welcome new friends

Pls add me and we can help each other!! :0)
  • finz96
    finz96 Posts: 102
    Work hard, and measure inches... they come in handy when the scale makes you grumpy! I put on 75lbs with my ONE pregnancy, so hey, ur doing alright already :flowerforyou:

Me, too! One pregnancy...75 lbs. I lost the weight within a year after birth through healthy eating and exercise. Now, I am about 8 lbs heavier than my pre-pregnancy weight, but my child is now 6 and I've developed muscles and tone that I didn't have before. I just stayed consistent with my work-outs since her birth. It has become an important part of our lifestyle. :)
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Take one day at a time. Stay at your recommended calories and the weight will come off. Feel welcome to add me as a friend. I am looking for more friends.
  • owen2005
    owen2005 Posts: 1
    This is my first day so I am right there with you. My son is 6 now and I am still struggling to get the weight off. My husband starting using MFP and he has lost a lot of weight. I decided it is my turn now!

You can add me to your list! I will be right there with you!
  • jehlke
    jehlke Posts: 1
    Wow you are an amazingly beautiful person with a courageous heart!!!! This is my very first time posting on this site and well, it is thanks to you :flowerforyou:

I log everything I eat and drink. The drinks are very easy to forget. Juice, soda, and wine back a punch on the calorie counter. You can use the scale to encourage you as well. I remember getting discouraged by it, but then I started to use it to gage my pattern. For instance, if I had a really bad week of poor eating habits, I could expect to see that on the scale. So I use the numbers to motivate me to keep going in the right direction.

I remember hearing people say you can eat anything in moderation, I finally know what that means. I rarely eat out and if I do, I spent my time researching the nutritional information and serving size before I go out. I stick to the plan and order what I decided based on my research (this can be discouraging at first but then it is like a game or antiquing :wink: you get excited when you find something delicious and nutrition). Most restaurants have that information posted on their site. Not surprising, it is very difficult to find a place with decent low calore meals. I am a fan of Applebee's strictly for their under 550 menu selection. which is very good.

Lastly, I look at my calories like money, so when I am budgeting my daily food intake, I think, can I afford to eat that or is this really worth that amount (400 calories for a cupcake that won't make me happy unless I eat at least two)? If I spent too much on breakfast or lunch then I have to adjust for dinner or reduce a snack so that I don't bounce my calorie check. I prefer not to drink my calories so I drink alot of water which helps me alot. Well, that is enough from the peanut gallery :laugh: